Home Open Account Help 236 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > A couple Harrisburg goodies Sunday afternoon

Date: 01/21/13 19:56
A couple Harrisburg goodies Sunday afternoon
Author: sscannella

After arriving back home in Harrisburg Sunday, I needed a quick fix of NS action in the afternoon before settling in to watch the NFL playoffs, and was rewarded with 6 trains in about 2 hours including these goodies:

1. I had heard the Wabash unit 1070 has been hanging around Enola the past few days (I believe on the H95 between Enola and York), and sure enough, it was out sunning itself with two other units near the hump.

2. As I was snapping off a couple pictures, 33A was contacting the Harrisburg Terminal Dispatcher, giving an interesting power line-up - 6692, 9912, 6141, 3338, 5637, 5613, 5615 and 2353 - standard-cab SD60 leader, a bunch of Allentown local 4-axle and 6-axle local EMD power, with an MP15 switcher thrown in for good measure. Best lighting that time in the afternoon is Lucknow St., so it was a quick run back across the river to nab these.

Date: 01/22/13 17:22
Re: A couple Harrisburg goodies Sunday afternoon
Author: ALCO630

I see the radiator cover on the MP-15 is stencilled Enola Diesel Shop. Is that common? I don't believe I've seen that before.

Doug Wetherhold
Macungie, PA

Date: 01/22/13 19:24
Re: A couple Harrisburg goodies Sunday afternoon
Author: sscannella

ALCO630 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I see the radiator cover on the MP-15 is
> stencilled Enola Diesel Shop. Is that common? I
> don't believe I've seen that before.

First time I recall seeing it too, I'll have to pay attention to that with the handful of other MP15s I see in and out of Enola.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0332 seconds