Home Open Account Help 152 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Following the PN fleet thread

Date: 02/10/13 16:33
Following the PN fleet thread
Author: HB90MACH

I noticed in the fall that up in Quakertown are alot of trash cars. I didnt see a loading facility there. So where are they loaded?

Date: 02/10/13 17:18
Re: Following the PN fleet thread
Author: kyutz

These are in storage and most have been there for quite a few years although some of them have dissapeared as of late so im thinking they went back into service. Most were lettered AWXX if i remember correctly.

Date: 02/10/13 21:05
Author: HB90MACH

When I was up there in the fall, cars would be sent out and come in. I have seen the trains of 4 to 5 cars at a time leave and about the same number come back on other days. Not so sure all of them are in storage.

Date: 02/11/13 16:26
Author: kyutz

I live next to the line up near Pumping Station Rd in Qtown. Probably fall is when they started shifting around a bit and your right some did leave but its definitely not for any operation on the line. Still a decent string of AWXX cars sitting at the far end of the line near the baseball fields. There is a spur right in Qtown that some company works on freight cars at so this may be whats happening to some of them. Inspections, repairs and return to service possibly? There were also some non-containerized type flats, sort of extended height C&D gons that used to be here too but I did see different reporting marks on them one day and then a week or so later those were gone as well. Before last fall or so though they sat, at least since about 2008-2009 or so when i moved down here. The same car that had "NS Sux" written on it was always on the bridge over Pumping Station Rd hahaha

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0278 seconds