Home Open Account Help 228 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Q200 in Emergency East of Deshler!

Date: 07/22/01 21:05
Q200 in Emergency East of Deshler!
Author: Deshlerrailfan

The EOT glad hand struck the diamond at Deshler. The train went into emergency. Speedy and I gave the conductor a ride from the head end to the EOT and back to make repairs. Just glad to help CSX when we can! Looks like Dr. Loco was/is here! Hey next time stop the head end at the Diamond. If you see food on the grill, it's yours!

DRF

Date: 07/22/01 21:17
RE: Q200 in Emergency East of Deshler!
Author: powerbraker1

Well, you made some friends there! If it had been me, I would have offered you a cab ride for the trouble. I have had a few railfans make runs to the local hamburger place for me while I sat in the siding waiting on a parade (of trains). Those people always got a guided tour of the engine or a cab ride. I guess that is kind of frowned on these days!

Date: 07/22/01 21:45
Cab ride!!??
Author: pumpkinhogger

Gawd, I thought after all the fire about vaccentral and video cameras that all the pro rails would know better than to even consider such a thing anymore. Will get you fired faster than you can dial up the guy who sold you your job insurance. All you need is just one guy to go to the company with that and you're gone on the 30 day no-bid vacation. Not worth it. Sorry fans, but the corporate enviroment makes it impossible for me to even let anyone in the cab anymore, let alone take you for a ride. If you get a ride, keep it to yourself, and be thankful.

If you think the company is pissy about availability, getting off moving equipment etc. you'd absolutely have no way out of this one.

Date: 07/22/01 23:32
my "Tag"
Author: DRLOCO

Uh-Oh...looks like I"ve been spotted! I scratched that in the road grime about a week and a half ago when I had that particular engine on a Q642 (Indy to Chicago Barr?). I did my walk around inspection of the locomotive consist, tucked the air hoses behind the plow, closed the knuckle on the front and signed my handiwork! so kind of you all to take notice!~~DRLOCO--> "Infamous with style!"

Date: 07/24/01 07:14
Cab ride? Who's watching the grill?

Had pleanty of them as a kid. PC, DT&I and my favorite, the Toledo Terminal, all pre-CSX. Besides who would watch the Derf?

We were lucky to find someone to operate the grill during our wedding at the park. Tammy did 80 LBS of Derf, Ottawa (OH) Style, that day.

Besides CSX is watching, on this forum and at the park. I'm sure not going to do something to damage the train watching at the Crossroads Park. I have too much fun cooking the Derf, AKA chicken.

DRF

Date: 07/24/01 10:58
RE: Cab ride? Who's watching the grill?
Author: hardcoreha

Good deal to give the guys a ride back to the front[there is no "rear" anymore ].
But wait there's more !!!!! Looking at the rear truck brake cylinder it doesn't show it extended...[ Not in Emergency ] position....
National Gnit Picking Week.....Therefore,Judge Ito, the title of the picture would be " Dirty Trucks Support the CSX Railroad"::::::::

Date: 07/24/01 12:09
Hope it's retracted. He's on the move!

Didn't plan on taking a pic until I saw the Dr. Loco. Logo. Then I grabbed the pic as he was on the move.

DRF

Date: 07/24/01 12:14
RE: Hope it's retracted. He's on the move!

There was a stack train on #1 track. Q200 was on #2. Sorry to confuse anyone.

DRF

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0442 seconds