Home Open Account Help 277 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > NSRR "RAIL"train on the Grand Elk RR

Date: 03/12/13 09:13
NSRR "RAIL"train on the Grand Elk RR
Author: Conrail7695

0945 this morning a NS RAIL TRAIN rolled threw Three rivers, Michigan north on the Kalamazoo branch. Took the siding north at CP-Cowling and Grand Elk crew got off at CP-Park. so now its sitting at CP-Park with no crew and power lines being put up in the area..so be careful.

MICHAEL SHIREY
Three Rivers, MI
NMRA-NCR DIVISION 9

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/13 09:53 by Conrail7695.

Date: 03/12/13 09:44
Re: NSRR "RAIL"train on the Grand Elk RR

The railcars of "RAIL"

MICHAEL SHIREY
Three Rivers, MI
NMRA-NCR DIVISION 9

Date: 03/12/13 09:45

And the last car in the consist, the load out car.

MICHAEL SHIREY
Three Rivers, MI
NMRA-NCR DIVISION 9

Date: 03/12/13 12:43
Author: NebraskaZephyr

LBFX is likely L.B. Foster Co, big dealer in track materials new and used.

Just taking a guess here, but might this be a train of CWR for the upcoming rehab of Michigan DOT's newly-purchased, someday-high-speed railroad between Kzoo and Dearborn?

NZ

Date: 03/12/13 15:10

I agree with the same idea,but we are both wrong. Just talked to my buddy running the switch job here on the Grand Elk and that train was ordered for it final destation for Grand Rapids,Mi.for CSX. Sounds like they"ll drop it in there yard in GR and CSX will come and get it?

MICHAEL SHIREY
Three Rivers, MI
NMRA-NCR DIVISION 9

Date: 03/13/13 05:44

NZ..mabey u and I are right that its going to the Michigan line for upkeep...was reading this from another RR fourm and it is going to Grand rapids for CSX but they have there own trains and this one of for amtrak to be picked uped.. so mabey it the Michigan line for upkeep or the once a day Pere Marquette Route ? who's knows

MICHAEL SHIREY
Three Rivers, MI
NMRA-NCR DIVISION 9

Date: 03/17/13 09:47

UPDATE This is train is now parked in NS Hinman yard Battle creek,MI.as I am told from another RR thred. Has anyone noticed any m.o.w. work about to or read about anything happen on the the NS Michigan line...thanks mike

MICHAEL SHIREY
Three Rivers, MI
NMRA-NCR DIVISION 9

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0537 seconds