Home Open Account Help 227 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > NS Street Running in Erie, PA

Date: 08/23/01 20:52
NS Street Running in Erie, PA
Author: press25

I haven't seen this discussed in a while, and plan on shooting there next week while on vacation.

I'd appreciate some recent news.

Thanks in advance.

Date: 08/23/01 21:34
RE: NS Street Running in Erie, PA
Author: halfmoonharold

Status quo for now, haven't heard of any changes. I'll check at work tomorrow, e-mail me if I forget. No bulletins indicating its demise.

Date: 08/23/01 23:40
Author: stevelv

Was there in mid July and checked things out. The bridge and new allignment on the east end appeared to be almost done with track in place and only ballast needed. They have not done anything yet to the track parallel to the CSX Chicago line except put in a signal just west of Cascade Street crossing. It appears from the current condition of the track that much work needs to be done. Did not get down to the western connection to check on construction. Got 3 big NS trains on 19th street. They call out signals giving you plenty of time to set up.

Date: 08/24/01 04:20
Author: lakeshore2500

Hello all.

Previous posts are correct-things are still "in process" but a ways from complete. The current plan goes as follows: CSX will complete its critical work over the next two weeks, allowing cut-in of the new signaling on/by Sept. 8. This will eliminate many of the old NYC mast signals and signal bridges. This will also be free up the South Control Siding which will go to NS. At that time, we expect NS to start work on the bypass on the west side. The east end of the bypass near the Ash St. bridge already has track in place with ballasting going on now. NS believes they will be complete by early October.

NS also has an additional set of signals awaiting installation, but we can't tell where yet!

We'll see....you've got a bit more time yet.

Steve Gerbracht
Erie, PA

Date: 08/24/01 07:18
Author: RichS

How did NS obtain ROW for this???????????????
Thanks. RichS.

Date: 08/24/01 20:34
Author: press25

Thanks for all of your information!

Some posts a few weeks ago had me worried that I'd be there in time to see them ripping out the track...

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0352 seconds