Home Open Account Help 279 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Question for CSX Chicago road crews

Date: 09/09/01 18:09
Question for CSX Chicago road crews
Author: Conductor_Bear

Have you ever had the runthrough QNPSKP from UP?? if so I have a few questions. While looking at my paperwork, I was trying to figure out where it is blocked for. We have (a given ) Selkirk,then block CXC2 which usually has car destined for CUM1, (Im guessing cumberland, MD); BUF1 (Again guessing, Buffalo, NY); occasionally we have CLE (my guess Cleveland?)and also WIL1... where is this blcok usually
switched out?? Where is WIL1?

We also have a block, TOLA which is usually switched out in Proviso. These cars are mostly auto racks for Ford and GM somewhere in MI. MY guess is TOLA is Toledo. is that right??

Any info is greatly appreciated.

TIA

CB
L.C.Wilson
Conductor, UPRR Proviso, IL

Date: 09/09/01 18:20
RE: Question for CSX Chicago road crews
Author: xnj

WIL1 would be CSXT Willard yard in Ohio.......just a guess of course.

Date: 09/09/01 20:12
Author: CSX_CO

390 is the CSX symbol for that train. It's in Willard-Chicago super pool service. It sets off a portion of the train in Willard. I would wager that they set off the Willards, Cumberlands, and Clevelands. I'm 90% sure that 390 is then run in Willard-Buffalo pool service, and run's thru Cleveland. Another train would forward this block of cars.

Those racks probably become part of Q200 out of Blue Island. This is a Chicago-Toledo rack train, and runs in the Toledo-Chicago pool.

Practice Safe CSX

Date: 09/10/01 05:10
? - Q200
Author: Deshlerrailfan

Where does the cut of Steel Coil Cars come from, usually the first few cars of Q200?

DRF

Date: 09/10/01 07:27
RE: ? - Q200
Author: CSX_CO

Steel is brought down from Michigan Ave Yard (Inland Steel Mill is right next to it), and placed in the Gary and Western. Q200 will either stay on the main (ex-MC trackage) or get on the Gary & Western down to the east end. They will then make the pickup on the steel, and then head east on the Porter Branch.

This steel is/was the old K520 train. The K521 cars are returned to Garrett on Q509/S509 and shipped to Chicago on Q500. The K520 ran every few days, they waited for 30 or so cars to run it. Now the steel can be forwarded everyday to Toledo.

Practice Safe CSX
Use 3-step protection

Date: 09/10/01 08:23
Author: cookie

Run a train profile inquiry and that will give you all you want to know about the blocks of the train

Cookie

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0429 seconds