Home Open Account Help 313 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Military Trains & ROADRAT

Date: 10/14/01 17:11
Military Trains & ROADRAT
Author: Deshlerrailfan

I haven't seen one (military train) nor heard from anyone that has seen one. Too afraid to move? Other than normal movements are nonexistent through Deshler. Did the terrorists win? I want military trains! We're not moving any military equipment.

Time for ROADRAT! Railfans On Assault Destroy Real Afghanistan Terrorists! Sorry I just couldn't resist!

;-)

DRF

Date: 10/14/01 17:20
RE: Military Trains
Author: 3rdRail

SHHHHHHHHHH! Military train? What military train. I didn't see that train that just went by. It was never there. Never was and never will be.

Date: 10/14/01 17:35
RE: Military Trains & ROADRAT
Author: LWA

Deshlerrailfan wrote:
>
> Time for ROADRAT! Railfans On Assault Destroy Real Afghanistan
> Terrorists!

Good idea if we are to truly pursue the concept that "Railfanning IS Serious Business"

Date: 10/14/01 18:50
Author: railohio

Don't get our roadrat excited, or he'll go out and try to slash the tires on some Afgan tanks...

-Brian

Date: 10/14/01 18:59
There are plenty of military trains
Author: oaksmodelrr

It is just that all military trains are now using stealth technology. Every time the gates go down and you don't see a train, it is a military move, so be sure not to report it to anyone, lest you tell the Taliban exactly where the train you didn't see is. Of course you can't tell what direction it is going, unless there are closely spaced grade crossings, where the first gate to go down is the origin and the second the direction of the destination. BUT DON'T report that either. Come to think of it, we should all keep to ourselves. Well, I am going back in my bomb shelter for another night of fitful insomnia.

Date: 10/14/01 19:15
RE: There are plenty of military trains
Author: peachfuzz

Eastern Rail News won't report any special moves anymore. The debate rages on the email lists about reports. The cops are chasing the fans off the overpasses at Selkirk. We have a "special" notice and threat of ban for reporting special moves HERE.

Censorship, anyone?

Date: 10/14/01 19:48
Author: blair

peachfuzz wrote:
>
> Censorship, anyone?

No, because you are free to open your own website, "www.militarytrainmovements.com".

Sorry, I have no contributions.

Date: 10/14/01 19:57
Author: Runs4TheNS

Hmmmmm... there was a lone DODX caboose in Harrisburg, PA last week... so it seems there is some military stuff moving.

Of course, anything of importance that will fit in a boxcar moves in regular 'ole equipment so that nobody will know where it's at, but that's a different story...

Date: 10/14/01 22:05
Author: DNatureofDTrain

Sorry, I do not find humor in that at all.
They will obtain the information for their acts by any means they know how.

This is the most accurate site on net. To keep updated with Rail News.
They will used this and any other information they can get their claws on. To destroy the U. S. transportation system.

It maybe be airlines right now. But you have to be not thinking. If you do not think they would not hit our railroad systems too.

Please, Be smart and safe.

DNatureofDTrain_CaseyJones.

Date: 10/15/01 04:28
RE: Be Smart??
Author: LWA

DNatureofDTrain wrote:
>
> But you have to be not
> thinking. If you do not think they would not hit our railroad
> systems too.
>

If we stop thinking, we are safe??

Or, did you stop thinking before you wrote the foregoing??

> Please, Be smart and safe.
>

Yes, please be smart and think!

Date: 10/15/01 05:13
RE: Military Moves
Author: dcorreia

I wonder, could a tank for some other military equipment fit inside a autorack car? If so, then the military movement would be disquised like any other autoracjk train you see going by.

Date: 10/15/01 05:24
Tanks on racks.

I don't know if they'd fit. I'd bet the springs would really be compressed. Sure would be neat to see that too.

DRF

Date: 10/15/01 05:41
Author: peachfuzz

"I wonder, could a tank for some other military equipment fit inside a autorack car?"

Wonder no more... An M1A1 Main Battle Tank weighs 68 tons EACH. The DODX flats that haul them have six axles for a reason.

Date: 10/15/01 07:21
Author: ge13031

Interestly enough, thats how they got the name "TANKS". In WW1 the British sought to disquise the rail shipments by calling them tanks.

Date: 10/15/01 08:06
Headed for Deshler
Author: wabash2800

I heard that Roadrat is headed to Deshler with his box cutter knife.

Date: 10/15/01 09:04

DNatureofDTrain wrote:
>
> This is the most accurate site on net. To keep updated with
> Rail News.

Then we have nothing to worry about.

Date: 10/15/01 09:08

dcorreia wrote:
>
> I wonder, could a tank for some other military equipment fit
> inside a autorack car?

Unlikely. An old full-size car (think Ford Galaxie 500 or Oldsmobile 98) had an exterior width limited to 80". SUVs, I can't say, but new cars are certainly no wider than old ones.

Date: 10/15/01 09:09

peachfuzz wrote:
>
> "I wonder, could a tank for some other military equipment fit
> inside a autorack car?"
>
> Wonder no more... An M1A1 Main Battle Tank weighs 68 tons
> EACH. The DODX flats that haul them have six axles for a reason.

Uh, yeah, never mind the width factor.

Date: 10/16/01 08:06
RE: Headed for Deshler

Hope he likes BBQ chicken, SD40-2 and CPLs. Maybe a little extra brake shoe in the Derf for flavoring though.

DRF

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0557 seconds