Home Open Account Help 226 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > LEAF REPORT for MARION ,NC???

Date: 10/15/01 07:05
LEAF REPORT for MARION ,NC???
Author: radioman2

How much have the leaves turned around MARION,NC ?? I may go railfanning on 10/17 in that area.How is the train traffic at mid week on the old CLINCHFIELD.

Radioman2 out

Date: 10/15/01 08:40
RE: LEAF REPORT for MARION ,NC???
Author: clinchfield3000

Went up there last Thursday. The leaves weren`t close to peaking out yet but there was some color. As far as the traffic was concerned, there is major Rail, Tie, and Ballast work going on from Marion all the way to Kona. There was no Train traffic last Thursday except for a Work Train until about three or four o'clock in the afternoon.

Good Luck
Michael Ridenhour
WSSB/HPT&D Engineer

Date: 10/15/01 17:28
Author: Tom

Colors haven't peaked yet in Marion. However, up in the higher elevations, color is close to peaking. The 17th should be a good time to drive from Marion up to Spruce Pine for a beautiful display of colors.

Date: 10/15/01 21:10
Author: extrasouth

Hey folks,

This weekend should be the peak according to everyone I talk to. Traffic is back to normal on the Clinchfield. The MOW curfew is over. I am an engineer on the BR sub and it is Katy bar the door right now.

Extree South out

Date: 10/16/01 04:29
Must go today
Author: radioman2

I must go today(10/16) because i have a big HONEY DO LIST for WED.

radioman2 out

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0333 seconds