Home Open Account Help 221 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > NS/CSX calendars

Date: 11/10/01 12:42
NS/CSX calendars
Author: chessie-2117

Was wondering what peoples opinions were of the
2k2 NS calendar? I just received mine, and am very
impressed. Is CSX offering anything better than that
lame excuse they offered on their internet site last year?
I checked recently, and was unable to find any calendars
for 2002 at all.

John R
http://www.trainweb.org/phllocal

Date: 11/10/01 13:43
RE: NS/CSX calendars
Author: ddavies

If I remember right, the NS calendar is of images by the employees ... interesting, since they are not supposed to carry a camera while on the job ...

Date: 11/10/01 15:32
Author: S291

we're not supposed to carry cameras on the job, yeah, but theres nothing saying we cant take pics while not on the job, and if you'll notice, most of the pics are taken from a location that any of the public could most likely go to. a pic taken from an on-duty location would, to me, portray a rule violation and an unsafe act occurring at the same time, and i think the calendar photo judges see it that way too, and therefore do not select photos from those locations. although...i would also think that when the company puts out a bulletin that says "ready, aim, click...get those cameras out for the thoroughbred calendar shoot out contest..." that would mean that yes, we are now allowed to take photos. and if any trouble was to come up, that would be reffered to for the reason of us having cameras. its one of those little things that doesnt say wether or not we can have it on duty or not, and it would probably keep us out of trouble if something came up.
Casey thomason
NS engineer
Columbus, GA

Date: 11/10/01 15:32
Author: S291

p.s...I pay my job insurance anyways, and I'm a full-time railfan, so...yeah
Casey

Date: 11/10/01 15:44
RE: cameras on the job
Author: chessie-2117

What's the reasoning behind not being allowed
to carry a camera on the job? With todays digital
technology, a camera carrying conductor may be able
to snap a shot of a vandal in action, car running
around downed gate, equipment not working properly,
and many other possibilities. Just curoius.

John R
http://www.trainweb.org/phllocal

Date: 11/10/01 16:07
Author: gladhand

Someone might possibly photograph a safety hazard, defective equipment, oil on the walkway, after an employee is injured & before the carrier has the opportunity to re-arrange the scene. $$$$$. How callous of me, that surely couldn't happen, could it?

Date: 11/10/01 17:41
Author: sxloco

The people I know that have taken pictures for the calendar
have done it on their own time, off the property.
Can't say it does not happen now.
Most railroaders are too busy doing their job,
while they are on the clock, to set up to get a
picture good enough to get on the calendar.

Date: 11/10/01 18:37
calendars?? I have mine!
Author: LWA

chessie-2117 wrote:
>
>
>
> I checked recently, and was unable to find any calendars
> for 2002 at all.
>
>

I looked through the calendar box a few days ago. I found a 1957 Northern Pacific and a 1962 Great Northern that will work quite well in 2002. These are the full year style. Same with a 1974 Auto Liner Corporation from Omaha - it has a color painting of a 500 series Amtrak engine, also the 1983 Amtrak will work. The UP continues to send stockholders a calendars - my 2002 arrived a month or so ago.

So, no reason to buy any 2002 calendars.

Date: 11/11/01 04:49
RE: calendars?? I have mine!
Author: don_csx

Wher can you get these callenders at?

Don

Date: 11/11/01 07:43
RE: calendars?? I have mine!
Author: LWA

don_csx wrote:
>
> Wher can you get these callenders at?
>
> Don

Where? From nearly 40 years of saving calendars.

There are only 14 calendars. Seven are leap year calendars and show up every 28 years. The other 7 fill in the other 21 years. I am currently using a 1962 UP, and a 1979 CNW, also a couple of others, but cannot recall the railroads or the years.

Suggestion: Buy railroad calendars at flea markets. Paricularly the other than leap year variety.

Date: 11/12/01 02:57
RE: A note to Casey
Author: RichS

Casey, Your June 2001 picture was very enjoyable. Keep up the great work. I must add though, my favorite photo in the 2001 collection belongs to Bob Bahrs (Oct.)taken of the Garwood trestle outside of Mullens, West WA. I look forward to my calendar every November. RichS.

Date: 11/12/01 03:01
Author: RichS

John...same as last year. If you want a CSX calendar, download it from their site. Too lame for me. I'll buy the extra large NS. RichS.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0402 seconds