Home Open Account Help 169 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Huntington Shops

Date: 11/28/01 16:23
RE: Huntington Shops
Author: robby

This shot is actually pretty good uncompressed. Got a couple of good slides of the lift also. I was the guy with about three cameras trying to rotate through 'em while they had the loco in the air. We'll have to meet up next year. I usually hang out with Everett Young and company then hit Russell. Lots of lease power over there this year. Good friend of mine owns (a private contracting company) that's located inside Russell Yard next to the hump so we use their property to get a little closer to the service center while being somewhat legal.

Robby

Date: 11/26/01 05:05
Huntington Shops
Author: 3rdRail

What's there now? Can you take pics (off their property) with out getting anyone uneasy? Taken 1992?

Date: 11/26/01 07:46
Author: K8DTI

That's DK Cabin on the right. There is still a lot to see there. The park is nice and the deadline is occasionaly parked along the fishing pond. Every Labor Day, CSX hosts an open house. I went this year and visitors pretty much had the run of the place.

Date: 11/27/01 17:51
Author: robby

A heavy lift at the Huntington Loco Shops this past Labor Day. Getting in is worth the drive.

Date: 11/27/01 19:03
Author: K8DTI

Cool. I must have been standing about 10 ft. behind you Robby. I have the same pic, same lighting, etc. :-)

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0336 seconds