Home Open Account Help 228 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Delays tonight on CSX(s) Erie West Sub

Date: 09/10/13 18:32
Delays tonight on CSX(s) Erie West Sub
Author: CR4100

Haven't seen it posted yet, but this afternoon Eastbound CSX Q264 took down a power line (hear it was a high tension line, but can't confirm that)....It appears that the power line might have been "drooping" and one of 264s autoracks took it out. It happened in the neighborhood of QD126
maybe around 1-2 pm and as of 9:00 pm the train is still stopped while power crews try to restore the line. Power has been out as far East as Erie from what I hear.

Trains are tied down east and west of the site, and most of the Westbound intermodals are lined up on next to other trains on track two waiting for the site to be cleared so they can charge west...I assume they'll cross them over from two to one at QD124 so they can proceed west prior to the freights, once they get the green light.....

Power crews were supposed to have the power restored around 9:00 pm, but it hasn't happened as of 9:30 pm

Trains will be running behind both East and West as a result.....this will likey have a ripple effect throughout the region...

CR4100

Date: 09/10/13 18:38
Re: Delays tonight on CSX(s) Erie West Sub

By the way, for those who may not know, QD 126 is Ashtabula, Ohio.

Date: 09/10/13 19:06

Looks like they'll be moving soon...getting EC1s through the work site effective 21:30 hours....all tracks not to exceed 25mph and only with the employee in charges permission.....lots of intermodals ...Q022, 008, 010, Q157, 001, 009, 119, 003 Q019 ....freights.....Q351, Q641, K041, plus more...

Date: 09/10/13 19:44
Author: OHCR

I heard on the scanner at four twenty-something PM that a NS train was going to have to stop in Ashtabula due to a power line that was down. They were still waiting to hear from the power company according to the NS Youngstown Line Disp. I heard that when I was waiting for the CSX K041 which should have a Warbonnet leader. The K041 still had not come at 5 something when I quit.

Posted from Android

Date: 09/10/13 21:07
Author: dbo2

Just heard, I believe, the CSX IG Dispatcher on the Berea online radio scanner state he had 15 westbounds holding east of Ashtabula, Ohio (12:00 AM EDT on 9/11). Not sure if he was exaggerating, but there will probably be a lot coming through.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/13 21:09 by dbo2.

Date: 09/10/13 21:08
Author: toledopatch

dbo2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just heard, I believe, the CSX IG Dispatcher on
> the Berea online radio scanner state he had 15
> westbounds holding east of Ashtabula, Ohio (12:00
> AM on 9/11). Not sure if he was exaggerating, but
> there will probably be a lot coming through.

But probably not all of them, not right away. Dog-catching likely required....

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.1149 seconds