Home Open Account Help 232 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Midwest Video Productions?

Date: 11/30/01 10:26
Midwest Video Productions?
Author: csxt4447

Used to be a company called Midwest Video Productions based out of Illinois that advertised in Trains Magazine. They had a lot of material from the Chicago/Calumet area. Anyone ever buy their tapes (are they decent?). Also, does anyone have a website or current contact info for them? I tried to call their advertised phone number (1999 or so...)and order once, but the line didn't work.

~thanks!

Date: 11/30/01 13:33
RE: Midwest Video Productions?
Author: halfmoonharold

I believe they are out of business. I saw an add in Trains, I think, in the past year for an out-of-business sale. I have their NS Chicago District tape. It's OK, but as with many videos, too much engine fixation for me. I like location shots. It is basically a travelogue, but I would have tried to show more of the distinctive places on the line. It's better than nothing for this particular line, but I could see room for improvement. Some of the tower shots near Chicago are worthwhile, since several have now closed.

Date: 11/30/01 14:57
RE: big e is the best hands down!
Author: itstrue911

midwest video and all these other companies should take a lesson from big e in making train videos,show the whole train. when we all go trainwatching,we see the whole train,not just the engines,not half of it,or not just the first five cars of it!

dave

Date: 12/01/01 13:00
RE: Midwest Video Productions?
Author: dick

The owner died a couple of years ago. Green Diamond Hobbies in the Chicago area is liquidating their videos. Try greendiamond@msn.com.
Dick Eisfeller
Big "E" Productions

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0317 seconds