Home Open Account Help 358 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Lake City, SC

Date: 12/10/13 19:27
Lake City, SC
Author: exopr

From our vacation in South Carolina last week. A CSX northbound passes the Lake City, SC depot. There's a restaurant called the Railway Restaurant in the freight house which is attached to the depot. We missed two southbounds while eating there but the food was worth it, really good Southern cooking. The fried chicken is awesome! The depot itself is home to the Chamber of Commerce. This line is the former ACL main between Florence and Charleston.

The second shot shows another trackside restaurant just south of the depot. This one is called the Caboose Café where we ate the next day. The passenger car is for dining and the caboose serves as the kitchen. This one is mostly sandwiches and salads but also good.

Date: 12/11/13 09:38
Re: Lake City, SC
Author: TrainChaser

Living in Charleston, I pass through Lake City occasionally when I have to go up to Florence. I've never eaten there, but have heard its good. There's a good bit of railroad history in Lake City also. Also, one of the astronauts that died in the Challenger accident was from Lake City. I think there is a memorial for him in town.

Posted from iPhone

Tim Rich
S. Ogden, UT

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0373 seconds