Home Open Account Help 221 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Oroville WP emblems stolen

Date: 01/23/02 07:58
Oroville WP emblems stolen
Author: RobR

Forwarded to Trainorders at Mr. Dewey's request, and posted on both boards since I don't know where Oroville is.

RobR

Sad news all,

Both tender WP Logo emblems on WP 0-6-0 164 in Oroville were stolen sometime
late last week, they were noted gone on Saturday afternoon. Any help in finding
them would be most welcome! If anyone here can post this info on Trainorders.com,
that would be appreciated, let's make these puppies too hot to sell!! Maybe
we'll be lucky and catch them on eBay?

Steamcerely,
David Dewey

Date: 01/23/02 11:44
RE: Oroville WP emblems stolen
Author: rr4601

The people on the Western Board will know that Oroville is in California. It's located north of Sacramento, the state capital. It is at the base of the Sierra Nevada mountains, where the Western Pacific mainline joined the Feather River for the trip east over (through?) the mountains and into Nevada and ending at Salt Lake City.

There, I've said too much.

I've seen the engine that they're speaking of. Only once, though, and now I'm regretting it. I hope someone helps them and gets those "logo emblems" back to where they belong.

Although I live in the east, I was stationed with the USAF in Sacramento in the 1970s, before the Western Pacific became part of the Union Pacific. When they were running trains, it was fun railroad to railfan.

If you ever get a chance, go to Oroville. I think you'll enjoy it.

Dave

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0266 seconds