Home Open Account Help 323 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Need Directions to Penn Station, Newark, NJ

Date: 02/15/02 18:48
Need Directions to Penn Station, Newark, NJ
Author: lackawanna2001

Need directions for someone to Penn Station, Newark, NJ. This person will be taking I-78 from Easton, Pa. to Penn Station. Any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.
Rick Glosser

Date: 02/15/02 18:56
RE: Need Directions to Penn Station, Newark, NJ
Author: toledopatch

Exit I-78 at the Garden State Parkway, and take the parkway northbound to the I-280 exit (yes, there will be tolls). Go east on I-280. From I-280 you want to get to Passaic Street, but I'm not sure whether there's a direct exit to Passaic or whether you have to get off at Broad Street. If the exit takes you to Broad, then take a cross street east over to Passaic and head south toward downtown. Passaic will take you right to the train station.

Date: 02/15/02 20:31
Author: CNJ

Newark Penn Station is at Raymond Boulevard and Macarter Highway (State Route 21).

Date: 02/17/02 09:25
Author: Lackawanna484

There's actually a ramp from eastbound I-280 to NJ 21 southbound, marked for the Arts Center. Penn station is a left at the second light past the Arts Center, you can see the station.

An alternate set of instructions would be

I-78 East to Exit 57(B), marked for NJ 21 North. It's in the area of the airport exit

NJ 21 North (the Northeast Corridor will be immediately on your right), you'll pass under the abandoned CNJ bridge after 3 miles

Right on Market street, station is one block ahead of you.

Parking is available on your right, and just past the station, on your left.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0252 seconds