Home Open Account Help 255 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > NS 300 and the storm at Conway, PA

Date: 04/04/14 19:22
NS 300 and the storm at Conway, PA
Author: PLERR

I spent some time at Conway Yard this evening, mostly on the lookout for those vintage boxcars and the 1031/1067 combo, but open to whatever came my way. I never did find the boxcars. Later in the evening I stopped by the house of a friend who lives right on the NS mainline in Glenfield, PA and don't you know just as I get out of my car NS 746 with the 1031/1067 goes by. Oh well.

1. NS 300 working W Conway. This was my first clear sighting of this loco in action.

2. A seldom seen open view of Conway's hump yard (or 5 yard). I thought it would be a view worth sharing since it's usually obstructed. W. Conway beyond the hump was completely devoid of trains this evening. Nothing but empty track from Rt 65 to the river.

3. Some very menacing clouds arrived towards the end of my visit bringing high winds, heavy rain, and a brief spit of hail.

EDIT: Sigh, I meant 5 yard, not 4 yard. Should probably be on the lookout for my memory bank...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/14 19:59 by PLERR.

Date: 04/05/14 08:18
Re: NS 300 and the storm at Conway, PA
Author: jmbreitigan

I like the looks of the clods in image #3. Nice composition with those cars & light tower.
John

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0446 seconds