Home Open Account Help 360 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > B&O paint colors

Date: 04/10/02 06:26
B&O paint colors
Author: scapegoat

Can anyone tell me the colors the B&O used on thier passenger GP-9's? I need more than Blue and purple. exact colors are needed. We are preparing to do a restoration and need to know exact colors.

Date: 04/10/02 08:14
Re: B&O paint colors
Author: MLC

Contact the B&O Museum in Baltimore. They do a lot of restoration work, and I'm sure will point you in the right direction.

Date: 04/10/02 09:31
Author: scapegoat

I've been in contact with them a couple of times and haven't been that much help. The colors they gave me were blue,purple etc. conrail blue is blue but not the same as B&O blue.
Maybe I haven't talk to the right person there yet. any ideas on who that might be??

Date: 04/10/02 11:09
Author: Aces

You might try the Baltomore & Ohio Historical Society- Email@ info@borhs.org. They also have a web site, www.borhs.org. I'm sure they can be of help.
Ace S.

Date: 04/11/02 00:55
B&O Museum Contact
Author: kevingillespie

Try Duane McCoy, who is chief of railroad operations. They completely redid GP-9 6607 several years back. If that doesn't work, Email me privately, and I'll try to get the information when I am down there again on 4/20.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0377 seconds