Home Open Account Help 221 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > New Jersey Questions...

Date: 05/09/02 11:53
New Jersey Questions...
Author: csx6574

I recently have been catching some Baltimore to Jersey runs and have a few questions. When was "NK" Tower torn down in Newark? The "nice" hotel that CSX puts us up in at Little Ferry is just around the corner from the Susie Q engine terminal. How many trains a day in daylight through that area? What radio frequencies? Is it safe to hang out there? I know nothing about that area. Thanks for the help!!!

Date: 05/09/02 12:20
Re: New Jersey Questions...
Author: hoops

NK was leveled back in March I believe.csx6574

NYSW runs SU 100 and SU 99 and detour stuff when you guys put something on the ground as they did the other week when the West Point Tunnel was blocked.

Safe, well North Jersey and railroads always a good idea to keep an eye out for some of the down on there luck individuals that are out there.]

Date: 05/09/02 12:52
Author: jdent

SU99 and SU 100 plus NYS&W locals.

Safe, well no one is blowing up mailboxes around here!

Date: 05/09/02 19:09
Author: ajt

Wait, you're working out of Baltimore and are concerned about how safe Little Ferry is?

Seriously, CSX River Line also parallels the NYSW facility. CSX brings 20-30 trains a day past there.

Date: 05/10/02 06:26
Author: rfprr1

Susquehanna frequency is 160.485. IMHO, the area is reasonably safe, especially during daylight hours.

Date: 05/10/02 06:46
Author: beauprejesse

NK was closed last fall. Torn down shortly after. The foundation was removed back in March. As for Little Ferry, it's kind of off limits now due to double track project going on. But then again, your a R.R. employee, so be sure to have your i.d. on ya. Lots of NYSW local movements. Two road freights if you want to call it that as mentioned above. Saftey has never really been an issue there. Cops are always riding through that area. NK area? I wouldn't go there in daylight or a major snowstorm!

Date: 05/10/02 08:09
Author: csx6574

I figured that anywhere in Newark would be bad. I have a friend who is a parole officer/state trooper in Newark and have heard his stories. I can't walk that far anyway! During my first trip up there in March, I thought I saw NK still standing. It was at night so I don't know for sure. I walked down route 46 to the Wendy's the other day and didn't have any problems so I felt the bridge over the the engine terminal would be reasonably safe. BTW, what is wrong with Baltimore???? I've railfanned Baltimore for 12 years and never had a problem...

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0404 seconds