Home Open Account Help 321 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Another Spirit of...

Date: 05/09/02 12:59
Another Spirit of...
Author: Larry576

CSX 356 is now the "Spirit of Brunswick"...
Larry

Date: 05/10/02 06:52
Re: Another Spirit of...
Author: rr4601

Brunswick...as in Brunswick Maryland? or is there another one?

I like all these "Sprit of" locomotives that CSX is creating. It shows that someone is aware of the places that the railroad serves.

I still haven't caught the "Sprit of Magnolia" at my favorite train spot yet. Of course, the spot is the town of Magnolia on the ex-B&O Magnolia Cutoff line.

Date: 05/10/02 09:00
Author: db

> I like all these \\"Sprit of\\" locomotives that CSX is
> creating. It shows that someone is aware of the places that
> the railroad serves.

Are there any C&O ones? It would seem that the random series of locomotives spend more time passing the C&O shops and towns.

Date: 05/10/02 11:08
Author: csx6574

Is it Maryland or Georgia, not to mention 100 other Brunswicks that are on the east coast? I would guess Maryland...

Date: 05/10/02 12:28
Author: Plantman

csx6574 wrote:

> Is it Maryland or Georgia, not to mention 100 other
> Brunswicks that are on the east coast? I would guess
> Maryland...

Pride of the B&O, Serving 13 Great States of the Nation. They should do one of the GP40-2/slug sets called Spirit of Rocks, and stick 'em on K951.

Date: 05/10/02 21:08
Author: csx6574

The Spirit thing is cool but what they need to do is take a new order of whatever engines they want, SD70's or AC4400's, and paint each one in a predecessor road paint job. That would be morale boosting, not just saying "Spirit of Skeetersville". That will never happen of course so we get the YN3 which is depressing. They are nice when clean but when they get dirty, you won't be able to see the noses on them. The stencil guys are already mad at the company judging by their latest efforts. A very sad state indeed...

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0301 seconds