Home Open Account Help 281 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > North Carolina, but not Spencer

Date: 06/01/14 16:27
North Carolina, but not Spencer
Author: ns2557

While the masses gathered at the hallowed grounds in Spencer to partake of the festivities there-in, I was not able to attend, tho I was in the "area". Just couldn't get it in my schedule with work. But passing thru the area of Aberdeen/Pine Hurst/Candor I did manage a few firsts for my camera. In Candor NC, I came upon 2 Aberdeen Carolina & Western SD40-2's, the 6919 and 6918. I sure do like the colors of this short line, a cross of BN Green and Cream with a purple separating stripe and attractive Emblem to go with it all. After getting a few shots of these 2 units I proceeded west on NC211 to it's intersection with I73/74. About 1/2 mile or so up the road, I found their shops and a 3 units there. Also on the other side of NC Hwy 211 was the Mountainaire Chicken Plant, which boasted another ACW unit. Out of the 6 units in the area, I did manage shots of all of them.. So here are the shots along the way. All taken today in Candor NC June 01, 2014. Shots on shop property taken with permission. Did I say how sharp these units look in that paint scheme? TFL. Ben

Date: 06/01/14 16:33
Re: North Carolina, but not Spencer
Author: nancyg

I agree with you, I like the engine colors. Great photos.

nancyg

Date: 06/01/14 16:34
Author: agrafton

Those are some nice looking engines, thanks for sharing.
Alan

Date: 06/01/14 16:40
Author: Benched_it

I was in Candor last weekend and also shot 6919 and 6918. ACW does
have some mighty fine colors. Great shots, thanks for sharing!

Jay

Date: 06/01/14 19:29
Author: jmbreitigan

I hope to get some pictures of the AC&W some day.
John

Date: 06/02/14 11:17
Author: SD45X

On my bucket list as well:-D

Posted from Android

Date: 06/02/14 12:14
Author: bridgeportsub

I shot the AC&W back when they were at Star,NC. I even shot it back before it was AC&W and it was the Aberdeen & Briar Patch. I also went down there when they ran an axcursion several years ago. I never get tired of shooting the AC&W.I even had them once pull up an engine just so we could get a shot of it. Great people and a great railroad. GRS

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0469 seconds