Home Open Account Help 125 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > chicago Q?

Date: 05/17/02 15:28
chicago Q?
Author: trvr4003

Im sure someone will know the answers to these questions:
1.) How busy has the BRC been lately? I was in Chicago last summer and saw about 30 movements with ALL KINDS of different power in daylight south of Cicero. Curious if this frequency and variety still exists.
2.) How busy has the WC line heading north from Chicago been? I understand that many if not most trains would have CN power these days but what is the frequency of trains and how many of these still run w/ WC power?

I think thats it for now. Thanks for any and all information.

Date: 05/17/02 16:11
Re: chicago Q?
Author: Clarence

Don't know about the BRC, but the WC seems about the same as it was. Still lots of WC power and CN run throughs. Seems to be more NS/CSX runthroughs with NS/CSX power. The most visible change I've noticed is the local has a IC GP38-2 for power now.

This is up by Leithton (EJE crossing) on the Chicago - Fond Du Lac line. I work by there. UP is still delivering unit coal trains off the J too.

Date: 05/17/02 20:52
Author: calumet

>1.) How busy has the BRC been lately? I was in Chicago last summer and saw about 30 movements with ALL KINDS of different power in daylight south of Cicero. Curious if this frequency and variety still exists.

The east-west main through Hayford and 75th St. remains one of the busiest in the country. But it sounds as if you're interested in the north-south main, and 30 trains a day sounds about right. The BRC nowadays sees more trains from Class 1's than BRC trains.

>2.) How busy has the WC line heading north from Chicago been? I understand that many if not most trains would have CN power these days but what is the frequency of trains and how many of these still run w/ WC power?

From what I hear, there are about 20 to 25 freights a day, along with the commuter trains that run up to Antioch near the Wisconsin border. There are about 5 round trips.

Date: 05/18/02 13:59
Author: RRKen

Clarence wrote:

>
> This is up by Leithton (EJE crossing) on the Chicago - Fond
> Du Lac line. I work by there. UP is still delivering unit
> coal trains off the J too.
>
> [%sig%]

Looks like there is little hope of these trains for Green Bay ever returning to the Spine. Crews in St. Paul are complaining too little work.

Ken
Mason City, IA

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.045 seconds