Home Open Account Help 378 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > A CSX Pair in Downtown Dayton

Date: 07/24/14 16:30
A CSX Pair in Downtown Dayton
Author: bnsfsd70

On 7/11/2014, I stopped by downtown Dayton, OH and photographed a CSX local coming through downtown along the elevated former Dayton Union Terminal right-of-way. The two surviving main lines through town are the Norfolk Southern (ex-CR, exx-NYC) line between Columbus and Cincinnati and the CSX (ex-B&O) line between Toledo and Cincinnati.

Photo 1: Here, CSX 2222 and 6921 pull a local over one of Dayton's iconic Trolley Bus lines and past Smokin' BBQ in the old White Tower building.

Photo 2: The ex-Conrail C40-8W #7352 heads north with an auto train, complete with multiple flats filled with car frames.

Thanks for looking,
Jeff Carlson

Date: 07/24/14 17:29
Re: A CSX Pair in Downtown Dayton
Author: jmbreitigan

Nice lighting in your second photo.
John

Date: 07/24/14 17:51
Author: agrafton

Very images and locations, I enjoyed

Date: 07/24/14 18:22
Author: pramer

The more southern track is owned and maintained by NS. Likewise the other (more northern) track is owned and maintained by CSX.

Paul Ramer
Cincinnati, OH

Date: 07/25/14 08:57
Author: CSXT_8437

Which railroad dispatches this section of trackage?

Date: 07/25/14 09:19
Author: bnsfsd70

CSXT_8437 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Which railroad dispatches this section of
> trackage?

As mentioned above, the northernmost track is the CSX (ex-B&O) line between Toledo and Cincinnati, while the southernmost track is Norfolk Southern (ex-CR, exx-NYC) line between Columbus and Cincinnati. From what I gather, the two tracks never actually cross, though there is a connection at some point.

- Jeff Carlson

Date: 07/25/14 15:57
Author: ns1000

Nice pics!! I also LIKE Pic 2!!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0366 seconds