Home Open Account Help 211 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > More CSX Georgia Road action

Date: 07/26/14 18:59
More CSX Georgia Road action
Author: Vanakatherock

Good evening, everyone. I had a decent week with action on the CSX Georgia Road here, east of Atlanta.

1: CSX L197-21 heads east through Covington, GA on an overcast Monday afternoon with a rare three engine lashup. Seen leading is an CW44AC with an ES40DC GEVO and CW46AC (former AC6000CW) third out.

2: CSX Q197-23 heads east through the outskirts of the small town of Rutledge, GA on Wednesday.

3: CSX local switcher A721-25 heads west through the outskirts of Covington, GA on the way to start their switching duties.

Date: 07/26/14 19:03
Re: More CSX Georgia Road action

4: CSX Q198-24 heads west about an hour behind the A721 switcher on Friday with a pair of "Heavy" GEVO's on the point.

5: CSX Q197-25 heads east between Rutledge and Madison, GA later on Friday with a fairly freshly YN3 "Boxcar" Dash 8 leading a "Boxcar" GEVO.

6: CSX Q460-24 heads east early Friday evening with a YN2 CSX EMD SD40-2 leading an NS EMD SD60M on a short train. Shot was complete with bad lighting angle.

Date: 07/26/14 19:04

7: Final catch for the week is empty coal train CSX N194-24 heading north with a pair of YN2 GE's sandwiching a YN3 SD40-2. Shot taken just west of Conyers, GA earlier today.

Thanks for viewing.

Date: 07/26/14 21:30
Author: garr

Thanks for posting these, as usual always nice seeing photos along the old Georgia Railroad.

I think back to the '70s. About the only place I knew that a Southern Railway locomotive was on Georgia RR tracks was the trackage rights that Southern had from S&A Junction(Savannah & Atlanta's closest track to Atlanta), just east of Warrenton on the Georgia Macon Branch, to Camak, GA--roughly 2 miles. I have a number of photos of the Southern in Camak and at the junction. I need to post those photos.

Now catching the basic equivalent, a NS loco on former Georgia RR tracks, is not out of the question. Yet the S&A Junction has been pulled for close to 2 decades now.

Jay

Date: 07/27/14 04:49
Author: ctillnc

Photos from 1910 or earlier might show a Southern locomotive on Georgia trackage just east of downtown Atlanta. At that time, the Southern main line ran along Ansley Park and Piedmont Park, entering the Georgia near the corner of Decatur St SE and Cornelia St SE near the west end of Hulsey Yard. Southern had a freight house over there. The switch at Cornelia St was taken out in the 1980s.

Date: 07/27/14 05:55
Author: ns1000

Nice pics!!

Date: 07/27/14 07:32

garr Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks for posting these, as usual always nice
> seeing photos along the old Georgia Railroad.
>
> I think back to the '70s. About the only place I
> knew that a Southern Railway locomotive was on
> Georgia RR tracks was the trackage rights that
> Southern had from S&A Junction(Savannah &
> Atlanta's closest track to Atlanta), just east of
> Warrenton on the Georgia Macon Branch, to Camak,
> GA--roughly 2 miles. I have a number of photos of
> the Southern in Camak and at the junction. I need
> to post those photos.
>
> Now catching the basic equivalent, a NS loco on
> former Georgia RR tracks, is not out of the
> question. Yet the S&A Junction has been pulled for
> close to 2 decades now.
>
> Jay

I would definitely love to see some of those photos, Jay.

Date: 07/28/14 11:00

I would like to post them. I tried to post a few I had taken of the Georgia Mixed train in Camak. I had rotated the scan to horizontal(proper orientation) before trying to post, however it posted as a vertical. I could not straighten it out. Once I have some "down" time I will try to solve the issue so I can post.

Jay

Date: 07/28/14 13:28

garr Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I would like to post them. I tried to post a few I
> had taken of the Georgia Mixed train in Camak. I
> had rotated the scan to horizontal(proper
> orientation) before trying to post, however it
> posted as a vertical. I could not straighten it
> out. Once I have some "down" time I will try to
> solve the issue so I can post.
>
> Jay

If you're on a Windows 7 or newer computer, open the photo in the default Windows photo viewer and use the rotate on that. When you exit or move to the next photo it should automatically save the new orientation.

Date: 07/28/14 15:47

It's a MAC. I saved it rotated but for so reason it rotates back vertical. Maybe I should have been a rocketfan instead of a railfan!

Jay

Posted from Android

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0427 seconds