Home Open Account Help 305 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Baltimore, Md Area Projects and Trains

Date: 07/26/14 19:43
Baltimore, Md Area Projects and Trains
Author: GP35

Thought to post and share some Baltimore, Maryland area sightings from this hot Saturday afternoon. There are a number of construction and redevelopment projects going on along the old B&O Capital Subdivision in Savage, Maryland it appears.

Marc is installing a good sized parking garage at their Savage station. I was able to get some decent shots of the parking garage project from the shoulder of Dorsey Run Road in Savage. Will be interesting to see the progress over time of the parking garage going up. Might have some future photography vantage points from the top deck to shoot trains from. We'll have to see after it's finished and opened up to the public.

I also will include some trains that I was able to photograph in the city of Baltimore, Maryland. I caught a few trains but some of you veteran railfans familiar with the Baltimore Terminal that have not visited in a while will see several changes mainly recently installed new signals to replace the old B&O CPL's. Many here like me miss the old B&O style CPL's but change and improvements are constantly going on in Baltimore and beyond. Have to try and adjust to the changes whether we like it or not. Anyway, I think many of you will find the following pictures of interest and I hope you enjoy, Gilbert

Top pic is of westbound autorack Q249-26 led by CSX 9035 and 7789 that just departed Jessup Yard after it's pickup and is seen here passing the Laurel Racetrack located near Jessup, Md. Time was 11:15 am.

Next two pics are of the new parking garage going up at the Marc Savage station.

Date: 07/26/14 19:44
Re: Baltimore, Md Area Projects and Trains

some more of the project....

Date: 07/26/14 19:49

Top pic another view of the parking garage project.

Next two were taken at Annapolis Jct, Maryland also known as Ft. Meade. Here we see the extended siding that was installed here to provide extra room for the autorack trains making a Jessup Yard pickup to work without fouling # 1 main at this location. The siding runs out to the Savage signals just to the west it appears. Some finishing touches are being done in preparation for the autorack trains to use.

Date: 07/26/14 19:51

Next three were taken at West Baltimore. Here we see some power at the west end of the small Mt. Winans Yard. Shots taken from the dead end of Gable Avenue.

Date: 07/26/14 19:55

Top pic is intermodal train 138 lead be CSX 3094 and 7815 passing the recently installed new Carrolls signals. Picture taken from Bush Street crossing. Time was 2:00 pm.

Next two are of autorack Q216-24 led by CSX 8051 and 9026 passing the recently installed new Baileys Wye signal bridge. Time was 2:35 pm.

Date: 07/26/14 19:56

some auto carrier cars for you modelers out there...

Date: 07/26/14 19:57

some more for the modelers...

Date: 07/26/14 20:00

Top two the last for the modelers...

Bottom and final pic is of eastbound Q438 stopped at the Hollins Ferry Road grade crossing. Mt. Winans Yard is to the right of the train. Time was about 3:15 pm.

Hope you enjoyed, Gilbert.

Date: 07/26/14 20:05
Author: Gonut1

Gilbert,
thanks for the update photos. always appreciated.
Gonut

Date: 07/27/14 06:00
Author: ns1000

GOOD stuff...!!! Thanks for posting.

Date: 07/27/14 06:03
Author: ClubCar

Thanks for sharing your photos with all of us; great stuff.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.076 seconds