Home Open Account Help 307 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Everett Railroad, Duncansville Pa

Date: 07/26/14 20:51
Everett Railroad, Duncansville Pa
Author: ns2557

Well, another day, another location. Was down in Bedford Pa for a few hours delivering a load of Bread Dough to a Walmart Dist Cntr. After emptying out, headed north for Selinsgrove Pa. Along the way, I recalled that the Everett RR was in Duncansville Pa. Got off and went to see what was around. With the day fading fast and light even faster, I did manage a few shots of their power. The entire active roster I have found out. Here are the 707 listed as a GP10, it is an ex IC/ICG/Mid South unit.The 1712, is ex Clinchfield GP7 911, now a GP16 and the 1828 another GP16, it being ex SAL 1978. All were in town at the station along side US22. I actually like the paint scheme on these units. Kinda,sorta reminds me of SAL in a way. The other unit here on the property is GE 80T Centercab 4, which follows in another shot. So I guess I did ok, just wish it was a little earlier in the day. TFL. Ben

Date: 07/26/14 20:54
Re: Everett Railroad, Duncansville Pa
Author: ns2557

And here is the GE 80T # 4. This is the last remaining Diesel Locomotive from the original Everett RR still around on the property, but it no longer is used. Once again, TFL. Ben

Date: 07/26/14 23:01
Author: dwi189

Whenever The Station Inn and the Cassandra Motel are booked up on the West Slope, I stay down at the Wye Motorlodge at Duncansville....The motel is more or less across the road from where the Everett parks its power....The last time I was out in the area back in June, I followed the Everett RR trackage South along old 220 to see where it led to....Dave W.

Date: 07/27/14 04:40
Author: jmbreitigan

Thanks for posting. I am going to get up there and check that out.
John

Date: 07/27/14 09:18
Author: DJ-12

jmbreitigan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks for posting. I am going to get up there and
> check that out.
> John

If you go, go early. They typically have a fairly early AM start. They put together whatever cars NS brought them at Hollidaysburg and then head south on one of the 2 branches the have.

Date: 07/27/14 14:07
Author: railfuzz88

Is the Wye Motorlodge a decent place to stay... I've been by but never stayed there!

Date: 07/27/14 18:34
Author: dwi189

railfuzz88 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Is the Wye Motorlodge a decent place to stay...
> I've been by but never stayed there!

Its an older motel....building dates back to the late 50's or early 60's with the rooms accessed from the outside as opposed to a hotel with interior hallway room access.
I started staying there in the late 1980's after my Grandparents sold their houses in South Fork until The Station Inn and the Cassandra Motel opened..and I stay at the Wye about once a year on average nowadays..I almost booked a room at the Wye for next weekend's Cassandra All Nighter until I found out that Tom still had space available at The Station Inn for that timeframe so I booked with Tom....

Wye Motorlodge site:

http://www.wyemotorlodge.com/

Dave W.

The rooms are clean and furnished with the basic necessities including compact fridge and microwave and wireless internet works decent....The bathrooms are a bit small...no countertop to put shaving supplies, etc on...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/14 18:55 by dwi189.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0541 seconds