Home Open Account Help 193 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Jacksonville FL Bowden Yard Question

Date: 07/27/14 10:49
Jacksonville FL Bowden Yard Question
Author: erielackawanna

Some may recall I had asked for (and received) help on Jacksonville.

The trip finally did happen but I ended up with almost zero time to railfan. That meant no drive to St. Augustine, no shots of that great bridge downtown, and no drive up to the shorelines to the north. Those will all have to wait until next trip.

What I did manage to do was find Bowden Yard on Wednesday morning and watch some switching.

Just because I'm a total symbol geek (and never have had any FEC symbols) curious if anyone knows the symbols of the local/yard jobs there.

Besides two light moves of SD40-2 type power, I saw a GP38-2 switching on the eastern tracks. I think it was calling itself "8"

I also saw another GP38-2 at the very northern end switching baretables. He might have called himself "6" but I'm not certain.

Finally, a CSX MP15 showed up (this was about 9AM or 10AM) with a string of containers.

I know this is really not enough information, but if these are all very standard jobs and someone knows what they are symboled, would love to know for my notes.

Many thanks in advance,

Charles Freericks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/14 11:22 by erielackawanna.

Date: 07/27/14 13:20
Re: Jacksonville FL Bowden Yard Question
Author: MDH

erielackawanna Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Finally, a CSX MP15 showed up (this was about 9AM
> or 10AM) with a string of containers.

Charles,

From when I was down there a couple months ago the CSX job that runs down to Bowden with intermodal transfer was a CSX Y108. Weird seeing a MP15 toting a string of intermodal isn't it? (for me at least) I have symbols for all the FEC road trains from my trip and some of the other locals but I have no idea if they use symbols or engine numbers or what for Bowden yard jobs.

Regards,
Michael

Date: 07/27/14 20:09
Re: Jacksonville FL Bowden Yard Question
Author: erielackawanna

Thanks, Michael!!!!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0262 seconds