Home Open Account Help 360 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Rathole NS in TN Help

Date: 07/29/14 08:42
Rathole NS in TN Help
Author: gp60m143

I will have time Friday to explore and foam NS north of Harriman. Can someone tell me how to get to Tunnel 22 at Nemo and what best time of day is to shoot. Also looking for recommendations and directions to other good spots including the best big cuts south of Stearns. Thanks.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 07/29/14 10:15
Re: Rathole NS in TN Help
Author: Rathole

To get to Nemo, take Catoosa Road out of downtown Wartburg. When you see a tall steel antenna on the left in a sharp curve, take the next bumpy rocky road to your left (don't take the road right beside the antenna). If you cross the Emory River you've gone a bit too far. Follow the road (word used loosely) to a big cleared area near the track. To get between the tunnels you have to drive thru the old tunnel which can be full of water, so you'll need a high ground clearance vehicle. But otherwise, the big open spot at Nemo is accessible unless you drive a low rider. Afternoons are best at this spot since there is a high rock wall/cut on the east side of Tunnel 24.

The tall cuts you are seeking are south of Tateville (between Tateville and Parker's Lake). There are several road overpasses in here - best to get a Kentucky Delorme atlas to guide you in. I've been there many times but it's hard to describe the way to get to these overpasses.

Date: 07/29/14 11:14
Author: scoobydoobydoo

The doos were just down there to the tunnel over the 4th of july.The road leading to the tunnel was just graded and very smooth,Any two wheel drive suv would make it...Scoob

Date: 07/29/14 11:16
Author: scoobydoobydoo

One more thing there a nice campground just after you cross the bridge and its only 7 dollars,you pay uptown across from the courthouse at the park office...scoob

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0331 seconds