Home Open Account Help 216 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Need North Carolina information...

Date: 07/30/14 12:07
Need North Carolina information...
Author: boejoe

T.O. members: My travels will soon take me through Fayetteville NC on a southbound trip. I'm thinking of a detour to Raeford, Aberdeen and Hamlet. I understand the A&R shops are in Raeford. Can someone please give me a location/directions? I also understand the old depot in Aberdeen is a museum with a side door caboose on display. I've seen many photos here on TO taken around the Hamlet station area and recommendations for the Seaboard Station Restaurant. Any other advice will certainly be appreciated - on line or PM. Thanks.

Date: 07/30/14 12:23
Re: Need North Carolina information...
Author: joethephotog

The shops are actually in Aberdeen a few blocks from the old depot/museum. Most of the A&R's business is on the Fayettville side of the line. I used to find some power over the weekend in Raeford, but I am not sure that's the case anymore. And the Seaboard Restaurant I believe you are talking about is down in Hamlet.

Date: 07/30/14 17:13
Re: Need North Carolina information...
Author: Daveb

You'll also be close to Pembroke - one of my favorite spots to railfan. A small quiet town with nearby fast food outlets for the breaks in the action.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0292 seconds