Home Open Account Help 254 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > A W&LE turn at day and night

Date: 07/31/14 16:24
A W&LE turn at day and night
Author: Poker2662

Yesterday afternoon at about 1pm, a W&LE light engine move left Brewster, Ohio, headed for Mingo Junction. Engines 300, 4016, 6351, and 3073 made quick time through east central Ohio on their way east to the edge of the state. I was able to get a picture of the engines at the Route 39 crossing in Sherrodsville, Ohio.

About eight hours after I had last saw them, I heard on the scanner that the crew had went back west as far as they could before running out of time, and tying down their train at the Tusky Valley Road crossing in Zoarville, Ohio. I made the drive to Zoarville to attempt a few night shots of the train. The Tusky Valley Highschool had their parking lot floodlights on so there was a lot more light their than I had expected, making it a little bit easier to get pictures of the train.

1) 300, 4016, 6351, and 3073 eastbound at the 162.3 detector in Sherrodsville, Ohio.
2 and 3) Almost eight hours later, the same four engines, plus W&LE 304, had taken a 131 car train west, and tied down at Tusky Valley Road in Zoarville, Ohio. 7/30/14. Picture 2 was a 10 second long exposure, while picture 3 was six seconds.

Thanks for looking.

Date: 07/31/14 16:42
Re: A W&LE turn at day and night
Author: Lakota-rail

Nice night shots, particularly number 2.

Date: 07/31/14 16:52
Author: OC6325

Nice shots.
This is about the location of the west end of the now removed Valley Junction siding once was. There was also a small yard and wye here at one time. At the other end of the siding was the connection and crossing with the PRR. The B&O also came into the yard using the PRR from Mineral City.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 07/31/14 19:09
Author: jmbreitigan

Yes you did a nice job with photo #2.
John

Date: 08/01/14 07:36
Author: refarkas

Number two is one of the best night shots I have recently see. You caught the colorful sky as well as the excellently-lit locomotives. First-class image.
Bob

Date: 08/01/14 11:24
Author: Gateway97

That second shot is a wall hanger for sure. Excellent shots.

Date: 08/01/14 15:15
Author: agrafton

Great images, so is the second one.....:o)!!!

Date: 08/04/14 13:48
Author: ns1000

I also REALLY like Pic 2!!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0472 seconds