Home Open Account Help 344 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Awesome Morning (NS8105 on the Reading Line)

Date: 08/20/14 17:14
Awesome Morning (NS8105 on the Reading Line)
Author: dschlegel

Last night I read on HU that the Interstate Heritage unit was leading 10N and through Cresson, PA around 9 or so. I figured normal running time from Cresson to my neck of the woods is roughly 8-10 hours (I've seen the same train over breakfast at the Station Inn and 8 hours later after railfanning the ride home to Topton, PA).
I wasn't too optimistic that I'd catch it as I was on my own this morning getting my almost 5 year old out of the house and off to daycare.
Anyway, I got up around 5:30 or so, got a cup of coffee, and tuned in the NS East feed on RR Radio. Low and behold one of the first transmissions I heard was 10N calling Prescott, which is out on the east end of Lebanon, PA.
To make a long story short I got my daughter up, dressed, fed, to daycare in Fogelsville, and made it to Macungie, PA with about 5 minutes to spare. She was absolutely perfect for me this morning and I thanked her for that.
Here's a shot of the dismal looking sunrise looking down my street in Topton, PA at about 6:45, and a shot at about 7:35 of the much better conditions at Macungie.

Date: 08/20/14 17:18
Re: Awesome Morning (NS8105 on the Reading Line)

And the star of the show this morning of course was the NS8105. Here's my three shots at Macungie, PA. at 7:40 in the AM.
On a side note, RDG630 (who I met for the first time today, unfortunately we didn't get to chat for long due to me needing to be at work) was about 100 yards away or so from me, and his great shots were posted earlier.
Thanks for looking!
Dan Schlegel

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/20/14 19:06 by dschlegel.

Date: 08/20/14 17:35
Author: birdman

Congratulations. Good timing for sure.

Date: 08/20/14 18:01
Author: jim6300loco

super shots. i'm glad Addie was good for you.
Pop

Date: 08/20/14 19:05

Thanks guys!

Posted from iPhone

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0377 seconds