Home Open Account Help 341 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > "CP Biz Train, Yes; CSX Biz Train, No..."

Date: 08/26/14 17:50
"CP Biz Train, Yes; CSX Biz Train, No..."
Author: aussiehinz

Chicagoland was scheduled to be descended upon by two separate business car trains today, one each from CP and CSX. The CP train arrived after its overnight trek from London ON about 9 am or so, but the CSX train, I later discovered, got caught in a M of W curfew around Nashville and will likely not appear until early tomorrow morning. So, after trying to photograph the westbound CP train straight into the blinding morning sun as it arrived in Bensenville, I made do with a few other CSX trains in the Riverdale/Dolton area where I had planned to capture the afternoon CSX business train. Here are a few images from the day.

Cheers,

aussiehinz

1. Hope for some sun, get gray clouds. Hope for some clouds, get blazing sun. Kind of the way things go sometimes, isn't it? CP Westbound Business Train at Franklin Park IL, on its final few miles into Bensenville Yard. Some of the passenger car consist will be utilized for an AAR inspection special around Chicago tomorrow, and then the entire train will depart for Calgary on Friday.

2. The CP Business Train crosses York Road in Bensenville IL, in preparation to back into the west end of the yard and make its way toward the vicinity of the Yard Administration Building.

3. After receiving the signal, a crewmember protects the shove toward Bensenville Yard.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/14 17:57 by aussiehinz.

Date: 08/26/14 17:54
Re: "CP Biz Train, Yes; CSX Biz Train, No..."

4. A CSX eastbound local job departs Barr Yard and rolls through Riverdale IL.

5. NS power & CP power are in command of a loaded crude oil train heading east toward Garrett at Riverdale.

6. UP motors cast a reflection in one of the rain ponds left from yesterday's showers as it eases west toward Barr yard.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/14 17:56 by aussiehinz.

Date: 08/26/14 18:45
Author: UP951West

Thanks for sharing these. Like the CP F's, especially the paint scheme.

Date: 08/26/14 18:57
Author: jmbreitigan

Thank you for the interesting post. You did well with the lighting you had to work with.
John

Date: 08/26/14 19:16
Author: mapleglen

Can you get any good shots of the CP business train where its sits now?

Date: 08/26/14 20:24

I have not been back out there. I did hear, however, that it was sitting at a location that was at least visible from Franklin Rd. Not sure how well it can be photographed, though.

Date: 08/26/14 20:33
Author: Mastadon

I drove by there on a liquor run about an hour ago; it was buried behind several cuts of cars in the yard at Bensenville. It was readily seen earlier but with an active rail yard, there will be moments you can see it.

-Don Kalkman

https://www.flickr.com/photos/mastadon4935/

Date: 08/26/14 21:25

Got ya. Stands to reason. Kind thanks, Don.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 08/27/14 14:27
Author: ns1000

Nice pics!!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0633 seconds