Home Open Account Help 285 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Old pic question??

Date: 07/24/02 14:38
Old pic question??
Author: deshlercsx

OK, time to knock loose some cobwebs. I just got this old pic given to me, but no one knows anything about it. Can anyone help. Just like they tell news reporters (Who,what,where,when,how). Pic is on an unused postcard. Is this a dual gauge line or are they converting it? I cannot find BEEBE F or P on any atlas that I have. Thanks in advance.

Joel KC8QYH

Date: 07/24/02 16:07
Re: Old pic question??
Author: csx6574

Looking at the letters that spell out BEEBE, could it be an R as in BEEBE ROCKS? Judging by how much sign is not in the picture, it should be a 5 letter word to balance it out. Possibly an R or an H?

Date: 07/24/02 16:41
Author: mosherkd

Looks like it might be pretty far north
judging by the wood piles.

Ken

Date: 07/24/02 17:31
Author: trackone

There is a Beebe Arkansas 31 miles north of Little Rock on the UPRR x Mopac x St Louis Iron Mountain and Southern.
my guess
tom

Date: 07/24/02 17:36
Author: Ray_Murphy

Beebe Plain, Vermont?

Ray

Date: 07/24/02 19:12
Author: toledopatch

Beebe Plain is actually on the Quebec side of the border, I think, but it is along the old Quebec Central line that ran down to Newport, VT.

Date: 07/24/02 19:42
Author: hondo52

Could this be the East Board Top Railroad in Pennsylvania? Track looks to be Narrow & Standard Gauge which they did have.

hondo52

Date: 07/24/02 22:37
Author: vrsfan

I second Ray's answer, that was exactly what I had in mind.

This is up on the old (and long-gone) Quebec Central line between Newport, VT and Sherbrooke, PQ. The portion north of Sherbrooke is currently in use.

Ray_Murphy wrote:
> Beebe Plain, Vermont?
> Ray

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0325 seconds