Home Open Account Help 383 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Looking for info on Sandpatch

Date: 08/02/02 19:09
Looking for info on Sandpatch
Author: kevin157

Hello! I'm from western NY and I was hoping that some of you Pennsylvanians could give me some info on the Sandpatch grade. I have next week off, and I was thinking of possibly taking a road trip down there. I believe it is west of Altoona, and I have heard that you can camp there too. Any info will be appreciated! Thanks ahead of time. Kevin

Date: 08/02/02 19:14
Re: Looking for info on Sandpatch
Author: waterlevel

Suggest trying the search feature. I just did and used "Sandpatch" and got 19 threads ...

Have a great time....

Date: 08/02/02 19:55
Author: kevin157

Thanks for the info!

Date: 08/02/02 20:02
Author: tucker

Also, for those that like the 'patch. http://www.mapleleaftracks.com
This may cuase alot of people to finally shell out and buy Train Sim.

Date: 08/02/02 20:19
Author: popeye

I think Sandpatch is more southwest from Altoona. The campsite is just east of Mance. There is a road that will take you right up to the center of the curve. Drive up the road and cross the tracks. Make a right turn after crossing the tracks and follow the right of way for about a 1/4 mile to the campsite. First come first serve when the owner isn't there. Happy trails.......Wayne

Date: 08/02/02 20:54
Author: blair

There's a Yahoo! group.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SandPatchGrade/

August is generally a time of hazy, hot, humid days. If you're lucky, a Canadian high will be in place, giving you crystal clear skies. You probably will not be lucky.

Date: 08/03/02 02:46
Author: pizzaman

Send me an e-mail, I have detailed directions for the place on file. It will help you.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0338 seconds