Home Open Account Help 377 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Autumn has begun in the Hudson Valley

Date: 09/28/14 07:10
Autumn has begun in the Hudson Valley
Author: rfprr1

A sequel to my Passenger Board post ( http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?4,3534000 ).
On the freight side of the Hudson, a southbound CSX Qxxx at Mine Dock Park in Fort Montgomery, NY yesterday.

IMHO, the Hudson River valley is among the top scenic areas in the east, akin to the Columbia River gorge in WA/OR.

rfprr

Date: 09/28/14 15:39
Re: Autumn has begun in the Hudson Valley
Author: dwi189

If that was shot in early afternoon, it should have been a Q008....I caught it from the overlook above Haverstraw on Saturday...Edit...I just checked my notes and that same Q008 rolled through Haverstraw at 118pm yesterday....Dave W

Posted from Android

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/28/14 17:09 by dwi189.

Date: 09/28/14 16:28
Re: Autumn has begun in the Hudson Valley
Author: Lackawanna484

Thanks for the pictures. I thought that shack was on its last pilings a few years ago, and it's still there.

The Mine Dock park location is a superb site for morning into early afternoon pictures. Relatively good radio reception, you can hear/see trains well ahead of their arrival, lots of boat activity, etc. But the shadows arrive early in the day....

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0387 seconds