Eastern Railroad Discussion > East Dubuque Ill

Date: 08/18/02 22:18
East Dubuque Ill
Author: jimsands2

I took this last month. Can anyone tell me what RR is using it? Jim S

Date: 08/18/02 23:26
Re: East Dubuque Ill
Author: NTHARALSON

If this is where you say it is, then it is the south portal of the IC's tunnel that allows them to cross the BNSF and the Mississipi River into Iowa. At one time, there was a signal guarding the tunnel entrance, but it was removed when the BN(SF) CTC's East Dubuque to Portage.

Thanks for posting these shots, Jim. I have found them interesting. Who'd of thunk the only train you'd get at Savanna would have NS power.

Nick Tharalson,
Marion, IA

Date: 08/19/02 09:26
Author: learmoia

Looked like there was a signal protecting the tunnel, and crossover when i was there yesterday... It's about a hundred feet behind the picture...

~Ian

Date: 08/19/02 10:17
Author: waybill

learmoia wrote:

> Looked like there was a signal protecting the tunnel, and
> crossover when i was there yesterday... It's about a hundred
> feet behind the picture...
>
> ~Ian
>
> [%sig%]

Right, Ian.

Sorry, but this is not the "south" portal of the tunnel. It is the "east" portal of the tunnel. The ICRR's Western lines operate as an east/west railroad.

Date: 08/19/02 23:47
Author: ntharalson

waybill wrote:

>
> Sorry, but this is not the "south" portal of the tunnel. It
> is the "east" portal of the tunnel. The ICRR's Western lines
> operate as an east/west railroad.
>
My bad. I knew that. I forgot to use railraod geography rather than compass geography.

Also, the signal further east that was mentioned is the one that replaced the signal at the portal.

Nick Tharalson,
Marion, IA

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0317 seconds