Home Open Account Help 179 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > MARC have any plans for its 2 E-9's?

Date: 08/19/02 08:13
MARC have any plans for its 2 E-9's?
Author: cameraman

I noticed that MARC still has E-9's 91 and 92 at its shop in Baltimore. Anybody know what there plans are for these units?

Date: 08/19/02 09:15
Re: MARC have any plans for its 2 E-9's?
Author: ExceptedTRAK

Are these same E-9s Ex-BN or Great Northern units? The MBTA in Boston had one or two E-9s really not the best units for stop and start commuter rail operations.

Date: 08/19/02 10:02
Author: rkap

All I can tell you is that they are ex-BN commuter engines still in BN paint as modified by MARC.

Date: 08/19/02 10:24
Author: Q-GP30

The Ex-BN E9's are ex CB&Q units, GN did not have any E's newer than their E7's. CB&Q/BN used them for years without any problems in push/pull service and they ran great. I have heard some Chicago Metra crews would rather have the E9's back instead of their F40PHM-2's.

Regards,
Q-GP30

Date: 08/19/02 14:01
Author: lakecities

In reference to the MBTA mentioned in a earlier reply, MBTA never owned any E9's, but they did have former PRR E8's.

Date: 08/19/02 21:54
Author: mastadon

The two units, MARC 90 and 91, I believe, have been rotting away at Riverside Shops in B'more since the mid-90's. The 'plan' was to use them in reserve and special use. Scuttlebutt at the time was to paint them in B&O but as time has proven, the only thing they are doing is rotting further away from any possible operation. Oh well.

Don Kalkman

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0291 seconds