Home Open Account Help 364 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Photos of the first 41T in the new image archive

Date: 08/28/02 12:17
Photos of the first 41T in the new image archive
Author: CP7311

Hello all i just put some new pice taken on the first day of the new 40t/41T route over the D&H was anyone else out there that day would love to see some pics

Date: 08/28/02 12:34
Re: Photos of the first 41T in the new image archive
Author: Plantman

Hello, I was chasing as well. I was in the black Nissan sedan, and I assume you were in the black Explorer? I was also there at Tunkhannock Viaduct, and was talking to the older gentleman driving the Chrysler van. I also got a last-second view at New Milford. Sorry, no photos yet, the college's darkroom doesn't open until next Tuesday.

Brian

Date: 08/28/02 13:53
Chasing the DL&W main
Author: Inlinebob

Hi CP.

Thanks for the pictures.

That stretch of the DL&W from Hyde Park up to Alford is one of my favorite plces to shoot trains. I usually don't chase them, since the really good photo spots are walk-in's or far enough off Route 11 that you'll be hard pressed to make it to another.

The bridges are so grand, but if you can pull yourself away there are some really great shots without the viaducts (and one good off-the-beaten path shot at Martins Creek).

I avoid the Nicholson bridge (Tunkhannock Creek Viaduct) shots as there are some really interesting angles just below there between Factoryville and LaPlume.

A also like to work around Alford, depending upon the time of day and direction of train.

On the Scranton end, I have a couple of favorites spots in West Scranton and west of Cayuga Junction. It is possible to see a westbound train there and get a jump on it if you avoid Route 11.

Thanks again for sharing, I enjoyed your pics!

Rob

Date: 08/29/02 14:41
Re: Chasing the DL&W main
Author: CP7311

rob if u like i could share more pics with u if u contact me by e-mail

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0793 seconds