Home Open Account Help 171 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Huntington Shops Open House???

Date: 09/03/02 05:57
Huntington Shops Open House???
Author: robby

What happen to the open house at Huntington Locomotive Shops this Labor Day? They have held it on Labor Day Monday for years. Showed up about 10:30 yesterday and there was no one anywhere around. Only two cars in the whole parking lot. Did they hold it on Saturday? I railfanned the area on Sunday, never stopped by the entrance but passed by the yard several times and did not see anything going on? Anyone have a clue??

On an up note, this did give me a chance to railfan the action. Shot three trains moving near RU Cabin (wb grain, wb DEEX and eb Q316?)in Russell after I left for Huntington about 9:30.

Photo'ed four AK Steel units and three units at Mab. Metals on the way down US23.

Caught 2 on the Ohio River Sub (Q317? and APEX mtys), two on the Kanawha east of Huntington(mty tubs EB & lds WB at Guyan), one working the KRT yard at Ceredo (102 CSX lds), shot the KRT power in the newer paint schemes (the GP40-2L's look great), captured a EMD leasor being used at Transfer Terminal and photo'ed a total of six on the Big Sandy all between 10:00 and 3:00.

Also got two NS coal trains, one wb mty crossing the Ohio River Bridge which was a great shot, and the second, a NS westbound, down at Fort Gay after I chased the eastbound south.

But what happen to the open house???

Robby

Date: 09/03/02 07:12
Re: Huntington Shops Open House???
Author: K8DTI

While at the United Way Kickoff last month, word going around had it being cancelled this year. Not sure why.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0315 seconds