Home Open Account Help 301 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Weather wasn't cooperating, but the TP&W was..

Date: 11/12/14 15:53
Weather wasn't cooperating, but the TP&W was..
Author: ns2557

Today found my adventures taking me south out of Gary Indiana then west twds Gilman Il. Lots of back country roads along the way. Down along the Indiana and Illinois border, well exactly at the border, I found this EB TP&W freight waiting for a new crew. The lead unit, TP&W 5010 in G&W paint has ISRR GP40 4044 trailing on this one. While mother nature wasn't doing her best with the overcast day and rather cold temps, the TP&W sure helped. Having been along this route a few times over the last year or so, this is the only train other than some switching I found in Sheldon Il, earlier this summer. which is a few miles west of here btw. The 5010 is an ex CNW unit, not looking to bad in G&W Orange. There was a single unit, the ISRR 4011 working just east of Sheldon Il along this line also. So that makes 2 trains working the tracks. Kinda nice to see. Thanks for looking. Ben

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/12/14 15:54 by ns2557.

Date: 11/12/14 17:52
Re: Weather wasn't cooperating, but the TP&W was..
Author: IORY_fan

FYI TPW 5010 is Ex-BN frisco ordered not CNW

Date: 11/13/14 07:43
Re: Weather wasn't cooperating, but the TP&W was..
Author: calumet

Here's a broadside view. These are not the same units, but the paint schemes are identical. Shot near Reynolds, IN.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0389 seconds