Home Open Account Help 290 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Trains on the NS NKP Cleveland - Vermilion

Date: 11/16/14 19:01
Trains on the NS NKP Cleveland - Vermilion
Author: bhphotography

As I read these forums I see questions posted by some and I hope I can be of help to others by posting my knowledge on my favorite section of NS rails, i work 4:30pm - 3:00am , so I am not able to listen as much as i used to, to see if any new trains made it this way.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
News before we head on to the Trains

National Switching lost the contract to switch the Ford Plant, so now NS is doing it. the little GE 44T is gone that was up there but the LTEX SW still remains on the stub track.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Trains using the Whole NKP Via Lorain as of late

NS 850 WV - Ashtabula
NS 877 Ashtabula - WV
NS 316 Bellevue - Buffalo
NS 145 Buffalo - Kansas City (this train generally gets rebuilt in Bellevue)

Trains running on the NKP BUT not making past Avon going east, locals do not generally run on the weekends
NS L18 Amherst ( Fairlane ) - South Lorain and return, Autoracks
NS L22 Bellevue - Lorain swaps crews with 363 and takes the westbound back to Bellevue as L22
NS 363 South Lorain - Lorain swaps crews with L22 and takes the eastbound back to Lorain as 363
NS L24 South Lorain - Avon Lake and return (Poly One/Lubrizol and Old Castle service)
NS L25 South Lorain - Avon Lake and return (Ford Plant Switcher, usually runs at night around 3:30 am)
NS L26 South Lorain - Shinrock/Avery and return

Trains running the NKP BUT not making it past Avon going West
NS 554 Bailey Mine - Avon Lake
NS 555 Avon Lake - Bailey Mine

Brandon Hughes
Sheffield Lake, OH
Brandon.H.Photography

Date: 11/17/14 14:17
Re: Trains on the NS NKP Cleveland - Vermilion
Author: MEKoch

Past agreements should not govern current practice. Lakewood should get used to trains again. Maybe 765 should steam through town making lots of noise and smoke for old times sake......

Date: 11/18/14 05:00
Re: Trains on the NS NKP Cleveland - Vermilion
Author: intermodalres

Good to see more trains back on the old NKP, where they should have been all along. Thanks for the update.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0613 seconds