Home Open Account Help 353 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Recent CSX & NS Action

Date: 11/23/14 17:15
Recent CSX & NS Action
Author: Vanakatherock

Good evening everyone! Another week of action from the CSX Georgia Road and NS Atlanta South line brought some good results.

1: On Wednesday, CSX local A721-19 runs backward towards the General Mills plant with a string of cars. Photo = too much light due to incorrect aperture settings on the point & shoot. Trailing unit is a nice CSX B40-8!

2: Later in the day, CSX intermodal train Q197-19 heads east through Covington, GA with the sun low in the sky. A rare catch of a non-GE leader on this intermodal train!

3: On Thursday, Q197-20 comes east through Covington showing my losing battle with the lighting conditions on the Georgia Road in the afternoon. Leading this intermodal is CSXT #12, the Spirit of Louisville.

Date: 11/23/14 17:20
Re: Recent CSX & NS Action

4: Later on Thursday, I finally get a westbound train in the evening heading towards the sun. What happens to the light? It sets behind the trees. Mixed freight train Q461-19 heads west through Covington.

5: On Saturday, I setup at the south end of the Jenkinsburg, GA siding for the day. First up was NS 231 with a UP GE leading.

6: Following 231 was NS 51W empty grain train.

Date: 11/23/14 17:22
Re: Recent CSX & NS Action

7: NS 230 is next on deck with a 5 engine lashup!

8: 230 went into the siding to meet a southbound 334 mixed freight with an even more impressive 8 engine lashup!!

9: And the final catch of the day was mixed freight 17D with the Pennsylvania heritage unit trailing 3rd out.

Thanks for viewing!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.035 seconds