Home Open Account Help 300 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Holiday schedule information appreciated...

Date: 11/25/14 08:16
Holiday schedule information appreciated...
Author: Forever-Railfan-45

I am off tomorrow and will be going to Berea, Ohio. This may have been addressed already (apologies if I missed it) but what are the holiday schedules for CSX/NS operations for the upcoming holidays? Thank you...

Posted from Android

Date: 11/25/14 08:28
Re: Holiday schedule information appreciated...
Author: nsyardy

NS is running a mostly normal schedule.

Date: 11/25/14 09:04
Author: prr4828

An email I received from CSX on 11/21/14 reported CSX operate normally through the Thanksgiving holiday weekend. Additionally it reported, some unit and local train service may be adjusted depending on customer schedules.

* JB *

Date: 11/25/14 09:06
Author: Forever-Railfan-45

THANK YOU for the information...need a nice day in Berea, Ohio tomorrow after eleven out of twelve days at work. Again thank you for the holiday information.

Carl

Date: 11/25/14 09:45
Author: Gumcoach

From the NS Facebook page:

Norfolk Southern plans to operate scheduled train service and other rail operations over the Thanksgiving Holiday. Some unit train operations and local service may be reduced depending on customer operations.

Date: 11/25/14 13:52
Author: ns1000

I would check the RRs websites. I know NS in the past has consolidated intermodal trains and/or changed their schedules some. But, I haven't checked this year....

Date: 11/25/14 14:10
Author: toledopatch

I would expect there to be fewer than normal trains on both Thursday and Friday, but Wednesday should be a regular day as far as volume goes.

Date: 11/25/14 15:34
Author: DrLoco

If buffalo ever gets dug out, look for the floodgates to open on the CSX from Berea eastward...I looked back over the weekend, and there were 4 pages of guys marked off account the weather in buffalo! WE have also been given notice that they intend to run a "normal" railroad...but what that means is that they will have a chaotic and uncontrolled shutdown when crews start marking off, instead of a controlled shutdown in place...
I'm working, that's all I know for sure...

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0519 seconds