Home Open Account Help 347 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > NS destroys Tiger's birthplace.

Date: 11/25/14 16:53
NS destroys Tiger's birthplace.
Author: ddavies

Actually, NS is trying to clean up the mess of several years of piling junk at the old station location at Shenandoah Junction, WV. The truck is loading scrap rubber crossing plates that have piled in the weeds for at least 4 years. Tiger's mother made a nest deep in the pile that kept the family (Tiger, brother and mother) safe and warm in the winter of 2011. About last July, Tiger turned 4. She is happy and spoiled. ;-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/15 20:44 by ddavies.

Date: 11/25/14 17:23
Re: NS destroys Tiger's birthplace.
Author: dcfbalcoS1

And who is Tiger? Need the rest of the story in order for this to be complete.

Date: 11/25/14 17:25
Author: formeremployee01

WAG, a rescued kitten?

Posted from Android

William Hunt
Trenton, OH

Date: 11/25/14 17:35
Author: Gonut1

But how is Shen?
Gonut

Date: 11/25/14 18:05
Author: BelltuckyFoamductor

Yeah we need a kitten update, inquiring minds want to know!

Date: 11/25/14 18:12
Author: wabash2800

Yes, since I lost my kitty last month, I'd like to see some pictures!

Date: 11/25/14 18:28
Author: toledopatch

Tiger is indeed a rescued kitten. Took me a while, however, to remember that story.

Date: 11/25/14 19:08

I guess there are a lot of newbies, or people my age who can't remember. ;-)

Top pic is Tiger's mother-right, Tiger top, Tiger's brother -left. Tiger was a scared kitty, and didn't really come to people when she was little, fall of 2011. The next spring, her mother and brother were both adopted, because they were more friendly. It took me a long while, but I finally got Tiger to come when called. She stayed at the Junction until late 2012 as the resident cat. The second picture is Tiger as resident cat at the Junction. In the fall she was attacked by a dog (?) and suffered severe bruising on her shoulder, along with some open wounds. I took her to a vet in Purcellville on the way home, where she was checked out and I got medicine for her.

Two years ago the Goodriches and I were at the Junction when we hear some whining, and found a tiny, dirty kitten in a tie pile. Joe's dad was allergic to cats, so I took the kitten to the same vet on the way home. The kitten, named Shen now, was dehydrated and had a temperature 3 degrees below normal. Since Shen was too small to give shots to (she was estimated to be three weeks old), she was bottle fed and kept apart from our other cats until she was old enough to get her shots. Shen at about 3 weeks is the third picture ... only cleaned now, and rid of a ton of fleas.

Date: 11/25/14 19:16

Top picture, Shen has just be introduced to the other cats, and Tiger seems to think she is Shen's mother. She tries to lick Shen, but because Shen went from 3 to 8 weeks without a mother, she has missed growing up licking family members. She doesn't take any grief from Tiger, although 1/3 her size.

Second picture - Shen has been climbing on a small cat tree since she was 3 weeks old, and loves to climb and jump down. Shen is seen here dive-bombing Tiger from the top of the curtain.

Shen is now over 2 years old, and has grown to be our largest cat. She still likes to run everywhere and jump around on 5 different cat trees ... and also walk around my N-scale layout. :-(

No clue if Tiger and Shen are related. Both have the same colors, although different patterns. While Tiger was born at the Junction, no clue how Shen got in the tie pile as a kitten. No other cats were seen in the area. Her right eye was matted with matter that I cleaned out. Not sure if someone thought she was blind in one eye and abandoned her. Judging from how much dirt was on her, she may have been there for a few days.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/25/14 19:21 by ddavies.

Date: 11/25/14 19:26
Author: LV95032

Striking markings - nice.

Date: 11/25/14 19:30
Author: wabash2800

Thanks much.

Date: 11/25/14 21:44
Author: Wurli1938

Thanks for the update - wondered what had happened to Shen since her early days

Date: 11/26/14 04:19
Author: BelltuckyFoamductor

Second the thanks on the update, its been awhile since you posted about the cats!

Date: 11/26/14 05:35
Author: railburner

Yes , I agree, thanks for the updates and pictures. I had been wondering about Shen also.

Railburner

Date: 11/26/14 05:40
Author: OHCR1551

Add me to the "wonder how Shen is?" Crowd. Nice to see happy, spoiled cats.

Date: 11/26/14 16:08
Author: ns1000

Thanks for the update. They seem to be doing well.....

I have three and they are spoiled.....:<)

Date: 11/26/14 16:45
Author: cashfare

Love the last photo, kitty looks like "you dare disturb my slumber? "

Posted from Android

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0567 seconds