Home Open Account Help 195 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Where Might This Be?

Date: 12/11/14 13:45
Where Might This Be?
Author: cinder

Hints probably unnecessary.

Date: 12/11/14 14:06
Re: Where Might This Be?
Author: tehachapi-dave

On a bridge.

Tehachapi-TJ Over & Out.

Date: 12/11/14 16:03
Author: moltensulphur

At Keymar, Maryland on the MMID (Maryland Midland Railroad).

Date: 12/11/14 16:13
Author: cinder

Moltensulphur........You are correct! In addition to being "stinkin yellow". What is the status of the CSX line passing underneath?

Date: 12/11/14 16:32

Taneytown to Walkersville north to south, operated by the MMID. There's a railroad-served propane distributor on the north end and quarry operations on the south end. Also the Walkersville Southern tourist train operation works on a short segment of the south end. A connecting track near where you took your photo enables MMID to serve that relatively short line. As to financial/legal status I'm unsure if CSX still owns it and MMID leases it, or the state owns it, or MMID owns it outright (doubtful since I believe MMID leases its whole ROW from the state). I believe the above to be correct although some of my information is dated by the passage of time, and may no longer be accurate.

Date: 12/12/14 03:35
Author: DubyaM

Former WMRY on the bridge, Pennsy below, right?

Date: 12/12/14 04:17
Author: Cole42

DubyaM Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Former WMRY on the bridge, Pennsy below, right?

Correct. And I believe it is still owned my the state of MD, with MMID as operator. It was a long term lease back in 1979 when MMID was formed to operate it. I think MMID bought the former WM line from Chessie in 83 though.

Date: 12/12/14 05:50
Author: Pork

MMID owns both lines. The state of MD sold the line about 10 years ago to the MMID.

Date: 12/12/14 10:38
Author: NSDTK

I hope trespassing wasn't involved.

Date: 12/12/14 11:00
Author: DubyaM

There was a two level station here also but I don't know any of its history.

Date: 12/12/14 16:26

DubyaM - If you google "western maryland's west sub", then scroll down the left side column till you get to the east end, then click on Keymar, you'll find a 1918 photo of the WM's 2 story Keymar station.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0444 seconds