Home Open Account Help 274 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > New Yorkers, remind us...

Date: 09/24/02 19:20
New Yorkers, remind us...
Author: cr3317

We're going to need lots of posts here this next week from the likes of Erie-dwellers. Right now the whole east coast south of that line is getting concealed, and we're not likely to see the sun again for a week! So please, people in NY and north, remind us here in a few days what our good friend the sun looks like.

On the other hand, now is the perfect time to get all of those odds and ends done around the house so that we can all railfan on weekends in October!

CR, still wishing he had gotten 802/811 in Grafton's sun today

Date: 09/24/02 21:19
Re: New Yorkers, remind us...
Author: kevin157

I hate to sound stupid, But if anyone understood your message, then excuse me. I certainly didn't. I guess you have to be from Cumberland to understand. Or the west slope, where there are so many
out of control fans, that anyone would & should not visit there. The fans there are fanatical and nuts.Be prepared to have your tires slashed even. Contact bocsxfan for permission.

Date: 09/24/02 21:50
Author: wvrailfan

<<
CR, still wishing he had gotten 802/811 in Grafton's sun today
>>

Sure enough the 80MACs left in pure sunshine, although they were backlit for most of their trip west if that makes you feel any better! When the sun was finally getting into that "right" location, the clouds were not far behind...

Darn!

Matt

Date: 09/25/02 01:34
Re: Cumberlanders
Author: cnwjag

kevin157 wrote:
I guess you have
> to be from Cumberland to understand.

Yeah, it must be something in the water around here that makes us a little above average! Any thoughts csx8400?

--jag

Date: 09/25/02 03:32
West Slope Maniacs!!!!!!!
Author: bocsxfan

I've had so many tires slashed over there, that I had to have my property re-zoned so I could use it as a tire dump..........

Date: 09/25/02 05:55
Re: Northern Weather Reports
Author: toledopatch

My impression was that CR3317 was humorously asking us up North to remind him what the sun looks like from time to time during what portends to be a dark and rainy stretch along the Eastern Seaboard courtesy of tropical weather. Alas, the cloud plume from Isidore has reached Toledo this morning, so it may be a few days before I can help him.

Date: 09/25/02 06:36
Author: thannon

This was yesterday morning- fog and cold here. Then a beautiful day. This morning is much the same, but the clouds from Isidore are already reaching up here.

Tom H>

Date: 09/25/02 08:39
Re: Northern Weather Reports
Author: cr3317

toledopatch wrote:

> My impression was that CR3317 was humorously asking us up
> North to remind him what the sun looks like from time to time
> during what portends to be a dark and rainy stretch along the
> Eastern Seaboard courtesy of tropical weather.

I'm glad someone got it! Folks on the Water Level Route are the only ones that might even have a chance to shoot in the sun today. *sigh...

CR

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0545 seconds