Home Open Account Help 281 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > I &O 4082 hits a truck on River Rd

Date: 12/12/14 15:53
I &O 4082 hits a truck on River Rd
Author: P

Turned on the news tonight in Cincinnati which showed some video of the train that struck a truck near Anderson Ferry (a car ferry that takes cars across the Ohio River to KY). Minor damage to the train, but major damage to the truck. This is an area where there are lots of industries along the ohio river that creates a lot of truck traffic, and railroad traffic as well. Nearly all the trucks have to cross the I&O (former NYC route to Indianapolis) as well as the B&O St. Louis line which runn parallel to each other for 10 miles or so. This would probably happen a lot more if either of these rail lines were very busy, but neither line sees that many trains each day.

Sorry I am not providing a link, but for those so inclined, you could search WXIX to see if they have the video on their web page.

Date: 12/12/14 16:06
Re: I &O 4082 hits a truck on River Rd
Author: wa4umr

Didn't find anything on WXIX but WLWT had a small article at http://www.wlwt.com/news/police-anderson-ferry-closed-until-further-notice/30198732

John

Date: 12/12/14 18:05
Re: I &O 4082 hits a truck on River Rd
Author: scraphauler

Westbound CIND autorack train for Honda Greensburg with IORY 4082 and JLDX 8045 as power. Limped it on out to Valley Jct where the damaged 4082 was swapped out for the IORY 5014 before continuing onto Greensburg. CFE 3889 and OHCR 4028 are the two other engines current working on CIND.

Crappy windshield grab of the aftermath around 4 this afternoon.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0446 seconds