Home Open Account Help 295 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Cambridge,ohio ???

Date: 12/13/14 17:30
Cambridge,ohio ???
Author: scoobydoobydoo

What Railroad services the cambridge,ohio area,And do they have Depot/office.maintainers building in the area.How far east/south do they still use the tracks...Thanks in Advance Scooby

Date: 12/13/14 18:47
Re: Cambridge,ohio ???
Author: DJ-12

Scoob,

This would be the Ohio Central. Last I had heard, They run a turn over a few days per week from Zanesville. I'm pretty sure they go to an industry south of town on a regular basis. The track goes beyond through Byesville, but I believe it's owned by a tourist line of some sort.

Date: 12/13/14 19:05
Author: Lakota-rail

They do not have a depot or office in Cambridge, but the old Cambridge Union Depot is still there on the west end of their main street through town. It was a facility owned and built by the B&O that was also used by the PRR, thus the term "union" applied. Its currently an empty building, you can park there to watch the train.

Date: 12/14/14 06:58
Author: wlohmark

Cambridge Ohio is now the eastern end of the aptly named Ohio Central Cambridge Subdivision. The line ends just east of Interstate 77 at Superior Hardwoods. The former PRR Line to Marietta is operated as the Byesville Branch and is used to reach two large industries (Colgate and AVG Vanadium) at Byesville. Local train ZVL1 from Zanesville services all industries east of Zanesville and is usually a morning east- afternoon west train. Power is usually two of OC's four axle GE Super Sevens. With the added traffic from the fracking industry, train lengths vary from a dozen to over thirty cars. This line has seen a nice pickup in traffic lately. Even the Federal Mogul- Champion Spark Plug plant was been receiving cars.

Date: 12/14/14 08:36
Author: dbrcnw

The tourist line Buckeye Central has equipment stored on a siding at Byesville. They have a center-cab engine, couple of passenger cars a crane and other stuff. Their operating status is unclear since Jerry Jacobson (former Ohio Central owner) supposedly bought the line from Byesville south to the end of track. I can't confirm that but do know Ohio Central's property ends just north of Byesville.

DaleR

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/14/14 08:50 by dbrcnw.

Date: 12/14/14 10:38

Why would JJ want that track its a dead end ???

Date: 12/14/14 11:15
Author: dbrcnw

scoobydoobydoo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Why would JJ want that track its a dead end ???

To run his steam engine(s). If he goes on OC out of Sugarcreek there are limits on what he can do.

DaleR

Date: 12/14/14 11:47

If he continued the tracks from cumberland in to the wilds,could he get Insurance through the park system to run his trains ???

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.046 seconds