Home Open Account Help 309 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > CSX Oyster Express???

Date: 12/19/14 08:45
CSX Oyster Express???
Author: chessie7602

That's what I said when seeing this article in the local online news site.

A 100,000 tons of the fossilized oyster shells.

http://smnewsnet.com/archives/167620/final-csx-oyster-express-train-delivered-to-chesapeake-bay/

Date: 12/19/14 09:52
Re: CSX Oyster Express???
Author: toledopatch

I wonder what symbol these trains ran under.

Date: 12/19/14 10:21
Author: P

Kudos to CSX for negotiating the rate down for this.

Date: 12/19/14 10:22
Author: spike5343

toledopatch Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I wonder what symbol these trains ran under.

K199, K198

Date: 12/19/14 17:25
Author: calsubd

I caught one of these trains coming into Baldwin Fla. last summer, for once I was on the East side of the diamond and it came onto the SW wye from the Tallahassee subd. had never caught hoppers on the Talsubd so looked it up, and saw it was oysters for Curtis bay, must have stayed for a recrew, don't know when it left.

Ed Stewart
Jacksonville, FL

Date: 12/20/14 05:59
Author: NYC6001

Proud of CSX for doing this.

Date: 08/26/21 20:30
Author: Apalachicola721

6 years late (I am browsing some searches and came across this gem)…

K198 loaded was the symbol for the NB Chattahoochee, FL to Chesapeake Bay, MD. Returned empty as K199. The CSX power stayed with the train and AN would take the train to Telogia, from Chattahoochee and load it there. The company that mined and loaded the fossilized oyster shells (gulf coast aggregates of Carrabelle, FL) ended up being corrupt and was in big financial doozy’s. Unfortunately if didn’t last long but known railfan and photographer from Tallahassee, Ghislain Gerard, shot it at Telogia. G&W’s power did not leave the AN when it would go to MD but it was interesting to know CSX wide cabs made it on the AN. This was a little known operation and remained that way.

“Sorry I’m 6 years late”😂😂😂

Posted from iPhone

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0294 seconds