Home Open Account Help 334 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > NS Port Road Crew gets a Visit from Santa Claus!

Date: 12/21/14 07:44
NS Port Road Crew gets a Visit from Santa Claus!
Author: Sand-Patch-Tom

With sirens and red lights flashing the Mount Wolf, PA Eagle Fire Company, with every piece of fire apparatus they have, parades Santa Claus through our neighborhood on a special trailer every year about this time. After going through our development to all of the children's delight last night the parade proceeded down to Riverview Road, a road that runs right next to the tracks of the Norfolk Southern Port Road Branch for about a mile (see the photo below) to get to the next community of Saginaw where the parade would continue. I was on my back porch viewing the passage of a loaded Eastbound crude oil train when I noticed he was backing off on the throttle when typically a heavy train like this puts on a little extra steam to make the run-up to the Shock's Mill Bridge. I guess he saw the spectacle of all the red lights further down Riverview Road and thought there must be a fire emergency of some kind. After the train's engines were further down the road out of sight I heard a toot-toot on their air horn followed by a rendition of "shave-and-a hair-cut-two-bits" on their air horn. The crew must have been saluting Santa Claus on his trailer as he passed by the train! I am sure that made their night on a otherwise typical run down the Port Road Branch! Too bad they couldn't have stopped to greet Santa because if they did they would have gotten a candy cane! Merry Christmas everyone! Tom

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0383 seconds