Home Open Account Help 302 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > CSX Colors Need an Update.

Date: 12/21/14 09:14
CSX Colors Need an Update.
Author: NYC6001

For those of you skilled in art and graphics, what would a modern, slick looking CSX scheme look like? Also, how would you update the NS catfish look?

Date: 12/21/14 09:29
Re: CSX Colors Need an Update.
Author: 1

id give csx a chessie look and ns a southern look. but im not a graphic artist

Date: 12/21/14 09:42
Author: Lackawanna484

NS has a very consistent and unified look across its system. Most engines are in the same black and white horse head look, prob in the high 90% range. The logo and signage of yards / Triple Crown is very unified to a public viewer. Union Pacific is similar to this. You know exactly what you're likely to see in either case.

CSX. on the other hand, has a very diverse look. Many different paint jobs in use, many different colors and shades of colors in use. BNSF is similar in this regard. You never know what you're likely to see.

Nothing wrong with either, they reflect different priorities and corporate approaches.

Date: 12/21/14 14:54
Author: puddlejumper

I would leave NS alone. For CSX I would extend the yellow on the hood ends all the way to the walkway, and get rid of the boxcar logo. You didn't ask, but the only major railroad paint scheme I'd change completely is that gaudy BNSF orange scheme, but I don't know what I'd change it to. Maybe black and yellow ala Northern Pacific? But that is western board material. I think the CSX colors are great, reminiscent of C&O.

Posted from Android

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/14 14:56 by puddlejumper.

Date: 12/21/14 20:36

I agree with you on BNSF. Red and silver warbonnet is the remedy, of course.

Someone on here did some "skins" several years ago. Can't remember who.

Date: 12/22/14 03:47
Author: Narr8rdanny

CSX is "my" railroad, but were it up to me, I'd give the whole look a complete overhaul. Something very strong, but easy to maintain. Something with a little style.

Danny Harmon
Tampa

Date: 12/22/14 08:39
Author: aehouse

For CSX, I go back to the YN2 scheme. Failing that, I'd replace the mustard/gold with a brighter yellow and keep the current scheme.

For NS, I'd substitute tuscan for the black, dulux gold for the white, but leave the scheme as is.

Art House

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/22/14 08:40 by aehouse.

Date: 12/22/14 10:03
Author: SCL1517

Indeed. Something like SCL black/yellow stripes/aluminum lettering.
Narr8rdanny Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> CSX is "my" railroad, but were it up to me, I'd
> give the whole look a complete overhaul. Something
> very strong, but easy to maintain. Something with
> a little style.
>
> Danny Harmon
> Tampa

Posted from iPhone

Date: 12/22/14 19:25

I wish CSX would adopt the old B&O early scheme, with those stripes.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0445 seconds